• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Office Reception Counter

Charlie J

Where can I get a nice office reception counter. We've been talking about making one for about 2 weeks, but I'm just wondering if it would be easier to go purchase one. I'm looking for something 40-48" tall, 96" wide, with area for a computer, cash drawer, etc.

Any ideas?

I'd also be interested to see pics of what you have in your shop.

wildside

here is what we did.

you can see the backside with all the drawers and cabinets

this was from a video store that was closing, we have pieces of it everywhere, and then just wrapped the front of it that customers see

overall i think it is 8ft one direction, and then 12ft on the other "L", and then we have another 10ft in one other room and then 6 more foot of it in the basement of the shop

we paid like $300 for everything and then started looking into a few replacement doors etc for it and came across the manufacturer and the complete setup we bought was like $7500 new....:clapping: so it was a good buy i'd say

Attachments

• DSC03765.JPG
    DSC03765.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC03767.JPG
    DSC03767.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 71

Border

Craigslist would be a great place to look for business closings/liquidations.

Nice counter, Wildside!

ucmj22

Baaaaaa... just make one! Like this....

Attachments

• IMG_0897.jpg
    IMG_0897.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0898.jpg
    IMG_0898.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 100

Border

Here's one I found with a quick search for $550 for the whole setup. This would be cool to wrap the front and top with translucent graphics/photos and light the inside of the display!

Patentagosse

Great look WS! I really dig the diamon fade... reminds me few years ago when dot fader striping were the hot trend.

ucmj22

I really like yours. I've got just enough space for one this size. Where'd you get your counter-top?

Its just a standard countertop you can pickup at a home improvement store. I wrapped it with a black diamondplate pattern. The front is just 3mm aluminum composite with a hole cut out for the light box, framed up w/ wood trim.

binki

We purchased ours from the liquidator at COMPUSA when they closed down. It was the firedog display, We took 4 of the 6 counters. 2 work benches and 2 display or reception type counters. We paid a couple hundred for them.

Check out craigs list in the biz section and type in fixtures. If you are in a large metro area like Los Angeles you will find tons of stuff on the cheap.