• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Office/Shop Phone Headset Advice... please, i'm in pain!

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
This one isn't a Bluetooth head set and isn't the cheapest but works with just about any type of phone. I have been using them for over three years and can walk all over our office and I even get reception out at our mail box that is about 100' away threw the 12" concrete wall of our office building. You can order it with an optional head set lifter so you can answer the phone when you are not at your desk. I wear this all day long without any issues.

http://www.shop.jabra.com/jabra/Shop?DSP=30100&PCR=1:251:1551&IID=13463&itemskuid=13463

GypsyGraphics

If it seems like it would be a good solution there's probably an adapter that would make it work.
looks like there not much need for a usb to 2.5mm adapter
don't ya just hate when your thinking "i can't be the only one with this problem" and then you find out... eek, i am!

This one isn't a Bluetooth head set and isn't the cheapest but works with just about any type of phone. I have been using them for over three years and can walk all over our office and I even get reception out at our mail box that is about 100' away threw the 12" concrete wall of our office building. You can order it with an optional head set lifter so you can answer the phone when you are not at your desk. I wear this all day long without any issues.
http://www.shop.jabra.com/jabra/Shop?DSP=30100&PCR=1:251:1551&IID=13463&itemskuid=13463
that looks like a nice unit. but i think if i'm going to end up wearing a regular head set, i'll go with the cordless phone i have now, that reaches everywhere i need to go, but isn't bluetooth.

so much for using my dreamy comfy little Sound ID bluetooth :(

and the quest for the perfect headset continues.
this one i bought yesterday would have been great, if the part that goes in your ear was smaller or wasn't hard plastic
mx500c.jpg

i really do appreciate everyone's all the suggestions!

Colin

When it comes to cordless phones, Panasonic is generally considered the best.

Make sure to buy one that comes with a belt clip, and keep a [Panasonic] head-set plugged into it. Either leave that combo on the desk/counter until it rings and then simply put on the head-set and pop the hand-set on your backside/belt and carry on working; or....leave it on your belt and keep the headset either on your head or just around your neck.

My Panny cordless phone also has a speaker-phone function on the handsets too which can be used at times.

iSign

yeah but...
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
can you do cart wheels with it? :tongue:

i work in three location all with phone jacks already, i would have to have a bluetooth base for each location. a little expensive but still, might be worth it!

can you have 3 of the same cordless systems and not have them conflict with each other?

I had 2 identical base units with 2 handsets each, wired to the same landline... and all 4 handsets became interchangable... I don't know if they always received the signal only from the base they were purchased with or not, because they were all in relative close proximity... but I liked that they were identical, because I ended up with 4 phones and 4 charging bases that could get mixed up and not matter...

jrsc

uniden makes cordless phones with bluetooth in the handset. I think they have multiple models. I have one of these:
http://uniden.com/products/productdetail.cfm?product=ELX500&page=5
It will work with pretty much any of their 5.8 ghz bases. I think they may have a DECT version also that works with their DECT bases. I just leave it in the charger on my desk and answer calls on the headset and if I have have to walk away I just drop the phone in my pocket since it gets all the range of a 5.8 ghz cordless phone. You can find uniden bases and handsets on ebay really cheap. I'm talking a few dollars and they work really well. I have about 6 various uniden base stations and probably around 30 various model handsets that are interchangeable between all of them (we have 1 voip line for each person and each person has a uniden desk phone with as many cordless handsets synced with it as they feel they need). And if you have a base station that supports 2 lines all of the handsets synced with that base station also support 2 lines.

skyhigh

I can't offer any direct advice on which equipment is better than another...... but something that may help alleviate your pain, would be for your husband to massage your ears every night? :rolleyes:

just a thought.

jrsc

GypsyGraphics

GG did you get your phone head peace all set? I came across this while Christmas shopping.
VTech - DECT 6.0 Expandable Cordless Phone System with Digital Answering System and Wireless Headset
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/VTech+-...dset/1085534.p?id=1218218193734&skuId=1085534

JR just asked me that in another thread... and shame on me for not coming back and posting the outcome and thanking you all for your help.

i thought it was pretty sweet that he remember i was recently in search of a phone solution... so thanks for that JR

uniden makes cordless phones with bluetooth in the handset. I think they have multiple models. I have one of these:
http://uniden.com/products/productdetail.cfm?product=ELX500&page=5

Thanks jrsc! i did buy this phone and it was a great solution with one exception... because it's an older phone that isn't made any longer, the version of bluetooth compatibility didn't work with my Sound ID heasdset that i love and is so comfy. my son gave me his old Jabra and it worked but it's like the darn thing is made for a giant and the earpiece hurts so i haven't been using it.

so the saga continues... i'm torn between trying to find an old headset that's comfortable or looking at other options.

thinking while i'm out Christmas shopping i'll see if i can find what JR saw and see if they'll let me try on the earpiece. better do a little research first to make sure the bluetooth link isn't to the base.

Thank you everyone... i sooo appreciate the help!!!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Evidently you haven't seen some of these yet................

hands free chinese version.jpg this one will also allow you to park in those special blue spaces​

Hands Free Phone firls version.jpg
the new girls' version​

hands free new version.jpg
the latest out there for men​

Original hands-free-cell-phone.jpg and let's not forget the 'ORIGINAL' Hands-Free phone

R08

+1 for PLANTRONICS.

My plantronics 510 bluetooth headset system is connected to my cell and my landline at the same time.

I answer my landline by a push of the earphone button and I can switch between landline and cell effortlessly. I can be around 20 feet away with no problems (in separate building nonetheless).

I've used a lot of different gizmos but this is THE bomb!

plantronics_510SL.jpg

You can them on Ebay a lot cheaper but here is the system:
http://www.superwarehouse.com/Plantronics_Voyager_510SL_Bluetooth_Headset_System/510SL/p/1487834

binki

Our primary is a blue tooth ear bud to a cell phone with an ear loop. That is good for about 2 hours and I have to take it off.

GypsyGraphics

Well now this is VERY interesting!!!

Look at this review i found on the phone JR & tcorn recommended!

This is an interesting phone that I believe is unique to BestBuy. It is a single-line, two handset DECT 6 phone with a proprietary headset, which looks like a Bluetooth headset but is, in fact DECT. This means that the headset has the same range as the handsets -- you can wander all over the house, over to the neighbors, and still chat on your headset. This is far superior to the range of Bluetooth-enabled DECT phones where you must remain within 10-20 feet of the base station.

this sounds great... i won't even have to have a handset with me at all!
holiday hours...cool... heading to Best Buy RIGHT NOW to check it out!