• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Office / Shop Security

Hero Signs

If they let me make it, they will come
Only bad thing about guns is you have to be present to issue the prizes to the lucky winners.

MikeD

DukeBrown has it right... the guy next door always said he didn't need an alarm because of all the guns he has- someone came in and stole all of them while he was away the day after Thanksgiving! I was thinking of lending him one, but I don't want it to get stolen!

An alarm system that includes insurance for property that may be stolen while the alarm is active is the safest bet. Adding video recording with the ability to monitor it from a smart phone or your pc is a good addition as well.

I use alarms and LARGE breed dogs. My dogs would probably lick a thief to death, but their barking keeps intruders away.

I hope no Signs101'ers ever have to deal with theft in their business!

d fleming

Nothing like a good bark, police response to alarms is not a proority call. They get there after thief is gone to provide paperwork for insurance.

Kottwitz-Graphics

Nothing like a good bark, police response to alarms is not a proority call. They get there after thief is gone to provide paperwork for insurance.

Yep, at least in my town.

That is a good find. I think I'm going to get one. I have been thinking about it for about a week now, at least since one of my neighbors just had a bunch of stuff stolen. I did make a sign and hang it up that reads "This area under video survelance"...

I figure that I'll put 2 cameras outside, and 2 inside that way if they do break in, they will be on camera, which I figure is a sure fire way to prove my case against intruders.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Just finished up installing the new security system. Has glass breaks, motions, door contacts, fire detects, etc. Also have partially installed (hope to finish it up this coming weekend) an 8 channel h.264 DVR with 8 cameras. :)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Our place has 18" thick brick walls, so other than windows or doors, there's no way in. Even the roof is like 12" thick. We have every door hot wired with the windows having infrared beams shooting across them. Two count/step motion sensors throughout the shop at strategic places. Many of our doors have no outside handles or locks. They are all from the inside. All is connected to the fire and smoke alarm system which is monitored whenever we're not there. Along with that we have 7 outside cameras and one inside, covering the front door. This is all being taped at a speed suggested by the PA State Police to make arrests. This is all for while we're not there. While there, I now have a S&W Governor that I keep in my desk along with Louis..... my bill collector. Louis is a 36" Louisville Slugger. I'm still looking for a nice double barrel shotgun for beside my desk.

I know there are those out there that don't consider I built my own business.... that it was built for me, but I don't see it that way. I studied art and lettering for years, before getting into the trade professionally and have sweated and worked some mighty long hours to get what I/we have.... and I'll be danged, if I'm gonna let some freeloader take it away without limping away if I'm here.

ThinkRight

Our place has 18" thick brick walls, so other than windows or doors, there's no way in. Even the roof is like 12" thick. We have every door hot wired with the windows having infrared beams shooting across them. Two count/step motion sensors throughout the shop at strategic places. Many of our doors have no outside handles or locks. They are all from the inside. All is connected to the fire and smoke alarm system which is monitored whenever we're not there. Along with that we have 7 outside cameras and one inside, covering the front door. This is all being taped at a speed suggested by the PA State Police to make arrests. This is all for while we're not there. While there, I now have a S&W Governor that I keep in my desk along with Louis..... my bill collector. Louis is a 36" Louisville Slugger. I'm still looking for a nice double barrel shotgun for beside my desk.

I know there are those out there that don't consider I built my own business.... that it was built for me, but I don't see it that way. I studied art and lettering for years, before getting into the trade professionally and have sweated and worked some mighty long hours to get what I/we have.... and I'll be danged, if I'm gonna let some freeloader take it away without limping away if I'm here.

http://www.mossberg.com/product/sho...-special-purpose-spx-pistol-grip-8-shot/85370

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/produ...2-gauge-terminator-x-ammo/cName/12-gauge-slug

http://wolfhilltradingco.com/12-gauge-armor-piercing-incendiary-4-rounds/

:clapping:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Now those are some nasty shells. two car doors, two milk cartoons and two 2 x 4's all at once and still explode and catch fire........ Yowsa, that's what I want. :thumb: