• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Offline Cutting with Roland SOLJET® XF-640, Soljet Pro 2

Tim Kingston

I use a couple of Roland Pro2s, a Print and Cut SJ545ex and a print only SJ645. We are in the process of upgrading our printers. So, the first question is if we were to purchase an Roland XF-640 printer can we use an offline cutter with it somehow? Or do you have to use the XR640. If it is possible, what is your suggestion for an offline cutter?

Also, if it is possible to print out the dots in Versaworks ( I assume ) is it possible to use a print only printer such as the SJ 645 for the print portion and then cut it on SJ545? Thanks.

Jamco

Print xr640. Cut sc545ex

Hello All, first be easy, first post,New to this biz. I got started with sc545ex and recently upgraded to xr640. Planned on doing same thing printing on xr640 cutting stuff like magnetic material on 545. Issues with registration between machines even though they are perfectly aligned to P-C when performing both functions on same machine. Waiting on answers and dealer assist after they hear from Roland. Also waiting to see if the New GS24 will cut correctly on prints from the xr640. Will be interested in anyone else having success sharing their experiences. And thanks to everyone for all I've learned so far, Great Forum!

Jeff

FrankW

Tim Kingston:

If you could use an other cutter for contour cutting depends on the RIP-Software you use. As far as I remember, VersaWorks for example supports Roland Cutters only.

Jamco:

It is a high risk for accuracy if printing and cutting without registration marks, because only with the registration marks deviations from the original dimensions are registered and compensated.

But: the roland system - as every system which is based on 4 markers only - can't be in cases as precise as a system with more than 4 markers, like the Summa OPOS with up to 128 Markers and a registration line to compensate bowing.

Jamco

XR640 Print WITH registration Marks and Cut on 545EX or GS24

Thanks for the info, but I did mean I used registration marks printed on 640 in Versaworks and attempted to cut on 545EX which reads the marks fine, just doesn't cut accurately, actually not even close! And seems to be worse the further left it goes on media. Perhaps with the platform age difference I'm not going to make that setup work. But would like to know if anyone has a GS24 yet that they have cut prints from a XR60 on? The new GS24 is supposed to do 20mil mag media. I have one coming in so I guess I'll find out on my own soon enough! Keep You Posted.....