• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oh how I love all these problems with my mutoh.

0igo

My machine today won't read any cartridges in the Yellow and thinks that there are inks in the magenta and black when there isn't any at all. Anyone know how I can get oit of this? Lol :banghead:

reQ

Did u buy it used or new? Any warranty on it? Because it seems that you just have to much down time while you can be making money

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
I just saw your other post about the third party ink leaking all over the cartridge stalls and sub tanks. My guess would be that ink got onto the chip reader or the cartridge sensor and have damaged them. I would recommend changing them out.

0igo

Did u buy it used or new? Any warranty on it? Because it seems that you just have to much down time while you can be making money

I bought new, I just hate how these companies go back and forth until they finally decide to send someone over. Took me 3 days to finally get sign warehouse to get a tech over. StI'll have no confirmation on when though.

Umca

Best solution will be unlock the printer If you use third party ink or chip reader sensor is damaged.

heyskull

I reckon the chip reader pins have got bent.
I have replaced these twice in my 1604 and in my opinion a poorly designed part.
When installing a new cartridge if the cartridge doesn't queit insert squarely it can bend the pins.
Also the flexible plate that holds the card readers onto the card face can lose tension and need bent back so it touches the card.
I have replaced the cartridges now with a bulk ink system which elimnates the cartridges ever needing to be removed.

SC

0igo

I reckon the chip reader pins have got bent.
I have replaced these twice in my 1604 and in my opinion a poorly designed part.
When installing a new cartridge if the cartridge doesn't queit insert squarely it can bend the pins.
Also the flexible plate that holds the card readers onto the card face can lose tension and need bent back so it touches the card.
I have replaced the cartridges now with a bulk ink system which elimnates the cartridges ever needing to be removed.

SC

I tried running the bulk ink system but I get am s/c read error so I had to switch back to oem inks. For some reason i get the same error with all bulk inks. What set do you have?

heyskull

I tried running the bulk ink system but I get am s/c read error so I had to switch back to oem inks. For some reason i get the same error with all bulk inks. What set do you have?
I still would say bent pins on the chip reader. Bulk inks have a chip that is wired in that can be raised a little more than the standard cards and this can cause problems. Pull the cartridges out and shine a torch in and closely look at the pins if any of them are slightly different there is your problem. SC