• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oh Versaworks how I hate thee....profiles disappeared.

The Giraffe

So I just went to print something and when I hit my profiles drop down menu I now only have..

Generic Vinyl I
Generic Vinyl II
Generic Vinyl III

WTF??

The Giraffe

It seems my printer decided to change ink types. I have to reset it to MAX to get them back.

I'd sure like to go back to design work instead of being a printer tech.

The Giraffe

You too?

I've spent the last week modifying our take-up reel, having it not read the registration dots, blowing through plotter blades, dropping a quarter of my black nozzles. I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

I've gone from being a Roland fan for life to having a piece of equipment that doesn't cut every job, when it does, cuts like crap and can't be weeded. When I'm printing said jobs, I have to mess around with cleanings and fill tests to get my black firing, then once it hits the take-up it walks like a mofo because of a poorly designed media handling system.

So annoyed. Is it Friday yet?

My Friday starts in 3 hours. I have a boat name to do then gone til Tuesday.

That being said, somehow my printer had decided to revert to ESOL inks. I went into service mode and switched to MAX4 and profiles are back.