Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ohio signmakers?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by threeputt, Oct 12, 2006.

1. threeputt

threeputt Very Active Member

Mar 10, 2006
    washington state
    Just wondering if there's anyone on this great hailing from the great state of Ohio? North Central area?

Tags:
  2. GregT

GregT Very Active Member

11 years ago I lived in Streetsboro. I have since moved to PA. Still lots of friends out in Ohio

3. Z Force

Z Force Member

May 1, 2006
    Wouldn't consider myself a signmaker just yet, but I hail from Northeast Ohio.

4. visualedgegraphics

visualedgegraphics Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Hey Threeputt-

I'm in Cincy. I grew up in upstate NY...the adirondacks. Why do you ask?

5. Git-R-Done

Git-R-Done Member

Mar 31, 2005
    I am from southwest Ohio. just moved to Chitown 3 years ago.

Git-R-Done

6. itzdeb

itzdeb Member

Oct 5, 2003
    Once a Buckeye, always a Buckeye:) I lived and painted for some of the most wonderful folk there in central Ohio (15 years). Now I'm back in northern Illinois with my family, just consider my family a lot bigger, that's all!
    BTW. the first vinyl letters and logos were from "Fred Weiss" himself back in 1989 or there abouts! Darn good guy, Fred :U Rock:
    Deb (been hanging out on another website way too long without visiting here more often).

7. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    I'm not from Ohio but I like Skyline any ways and Montgomery Inn Ribs.....

8. k.a.s.

k.a.s. Very Active Member

Aug 8, 2003
    NE ohio
    I've Lived in Ohio all my life, and this is our tenth year making signs. We are located just north of Canton in Hartville, Ohio. Go Buckeyes!!!!

9. thewood

thewood Very Active Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Tennessee
    Skyline over spaghetti with cheddar, oyster crackers, onions etc. :thumb: :thumb:

10. EndlessOptions

EndlessOptions Member

Mar 5, 2005
    I am in the Columbus area and have been for almost 50 years. The economy is good here.

11. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    mmmmmmmmmm Skyline... almost worth the trip.

12. threeputt

Mar 10, 2006
    washington state
    Gosh, why do I ask? Well you might say I'm kinda sentimental about the area. Grew up in small dairy community called Strongsville. Born in Cleveland. Kind of been nostaligic this whole last month for some reason.

Left the area way, way back in 1968. Last lived in Mansfield. My highschool re-union fell through this summer and so I cancelled my plans to get back and visit.

Well, hi to all Ohioans and Buckeyes. Maybe I'm crazy but this time of year I kind of miss the snow and sleet, getting a balky car started, steaming hot cup of joe in one hand, shuffling off to work. etc.

13. thewood

thewood Very Active Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Tennessee
    I was also born in Cleveland, Lakewood to be specific. Still have family in Lakewood, North Olmsted, North Ridgeville, etc.

Some people call it "The Mistake on the Lake", but I still have some nostalgia for the city, also. Still an Indians fan and a huge Browns fan.

Also, threeputt, I've been meaning to tell you that I like your username. Unfortunately, it's a fitting name for me as of late. I went to Orlando last week and played some fantastic courses--Lake Buena Vista @ Disney being the most plush. But my putting was horrendous. Nothing worse than having a birdie putt and coming away with a bogey.

14. threeputt

Mar 10, 2006
    washington state
    mwoodson44 and others,

Oh yeah, golf. My absolute passion. I'm leaving Sunday for Scottsdale, AZ. for a week. Going to get to play TPC, GreyHawk, (Phil Mickleson's home course, or rather, used to be before he moved) and others. Weather has been 89 and 90. Just right. Beats 120 degrees, anyway.

I only grabbed the name "threeputt" out of the air one day. Didn't really put time into thinking about a user name. On another board my name is "onintwo". Guess that about tells you where my head is, huh?

15. mountainmang

mountainmang Active Member

Apr 7, 2007
    not north central but extreme south...ironton :thumb:

16. weaselboogie

weaselboogie Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2006
    Us
    South of akron and canton.

17. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    I have family in Mentor, on the outskirts of Cleveland . . . !

18. insignia

insignia Very Active Member

Dayton here... and Skyline is hard to beat. If you have a chance you should try the cheddarwurst cheese coneys when they have them (seasonal), best thing you'll ever eat.

19. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

got freinds in canton!!! used to go to salem, ohio 63-65. fished the PIMETUMING/PEDMONT dams. used to go watch the OHIO RIVER flood, weirton/follensbee/wellsburg w.va.
    visited my 1st house of ill repute in STEBENVILLE, OH.
    do that count??????????????))))))))))))))))))

20. FatCat

FatCat Very Active Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    Born and raised here in Columbus. I'm a second generation printer, just expanding our biz. into signs. Thought it might be a cleaner job than dealing with all the ink. :biggrin: