• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oiling the slider bar - JV3

speedmedia

Tried to do a search for this but I didn't have any luck. I was probably typing on the wrong terminology.

Anyways, I am needing to oil the bearing where the carriage slides on the bars on my printer. Anyone using anything with good results beside the overpriced Mimaki lube? I didn't know if there was a general purpose lubricant that would work for this or not.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,
Kurt

CL Graphics

i use 3 in one oil. wipe the bar off with a rag, put a little oil on a swab and rub it on the bar. I also use 3 in 1 for the slider bars on the wiper and the slot the wiper slide into. Keeps the wiper from getting stuck if it gets ink down there.

gabagoo

I run alcohol once a week to clean the bars then use 3 in 1 to oil them back up. Can really feel a difference when you move the head for a cleaning.

CL Graphics

I usually dont move the head. Just clean and oil while cleaning the wiper. When the head goes back to the capping station i do where the head was when it was out.

GB2

Old Member
If you are interested, the correct product for this is:

Mimaki SPC-0364 Y Axis Lubricant

Though I know 3 in 1 Oil is a common tactic, personally I would just get a one time, lifetime supply of the correct product, the cost in that respect is nominal.