Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oiling the slider bar - JV3

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by speedmedia, Apr 6, 2010.

1. speedmedia

speedmedia Very Active Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Tried to do a search for this but I didn't have any luck. I was probably typing on the wrong terminology.

Anyways, I am needing to oil the bearing where the carriage slides on the bars on my printer. Anyone using anything with good results beside the overpriced Mimaki lube? I didn't know if there was a general purpose lubricant that would work for this or not.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,
    Kurt

Tags:
  2. CL Graphics

CL Graphics Active Member

Feb 24, 2007
    i use 3 in one oil. wipe the bar off with a rag, put a little oil on a swab and rub it on the bar. I also use 3 in 1 for the slider bars on the wiper and the slot the wiper slide into. Keeps the wiper from getting stuck if it gets ink down there.

3. gabagoo

gabagoo Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2006
    Vaughan, Ontario
    I run alcohol once a week to clean the bars then use 3 in 1 to oil them back up. Can really feel a difference when you move the head for a cleaning.

4. CL Graphics

Feb 24, 2007
    I usually dont move the head. Just clean and oil while cleaning the wiper. When the head goes back to the capping station i do where the head was when it was out.

5. GB2

GB2 Very Active Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Connecticut, USA
    If you are interested, the correct product for this is:

Mimaki SPC-0364 Y Axis Lubricant

Though I know 3 in 1 Oil is a common tactic, personally I would just get a one time, lifetime supply of the correct product, the cost in that respect is nominal.

6. CheapVehicleWrap

CheapVehicleWrap Very Active Member

Dec 2, 2008
    and...Mimaki SPC-0364 Y Axis Lubricant.. may possibly be a grease, as it is on a mutoh.

7. CL Graphics

Feb 24, 2007
    the mimaki tech said use 3 in 1 oil. I didnt even know mimaki made something for this.

8. Dice

Dice Active Member

Jun 23, 2008
    +1 fir 3 in 1 Oil.