Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok, dumb one about fonts

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by threeputt, Jun 28, 2006.

1. threeputt

threeputt Very Active Member

Mar 10, 2006
    washington state
    Is there a way a person can get a one-time license to use a font? I need a particular font, but I'll only need it one time. Can I buy from someone this one-time use? Or, alternatively, can you buy a particular font at an attractive price somewhere?

How do other members handle this sort of thing. I mean, geez, we have what? over 4000 fonts but none exactly like the clients logo type and slogan. ITC Luna.

Tags:
  2. Shovelhead

Shovelhead Major Contributor

Dec 5, 2003
    Pony up....

the $22.00 and add bill it into the sign price!

3. PMG

PMG Very Active Member

Feb 1, 2005
    i would bill the cost to your customer,,then you have the font for free and for future use,,and it did not cost you a thing!!! JMO

4. threeputt

threeputt Very Active Member

Mar 10, 2006
    washington state
    Ok, that works. Where do I go?

5. Flame

Flame Major Contributor

Apr 26, 2006
    Vancouver
    google up fonts, and you will have plenty of options to choose from.

6. PMG

PMG Very Active Member

Feb 1, 2005
  7. Sign One

Sign One Member

Apr 17, 2006
    go to the doctor

Eric offers typesetting service- he may be able to do this for you-

8. Sign One

Sign One Member

Apr 17, 2006
    Oh yeah, the vector doctor- click his ad at bottom of the page- he will do for 5.00-

9. Arlo Kalon 2.0

Arlo Kalon 2.0 Very Active Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Reno, TX
    Yeahright! HOW did that happen anyway? WHY do we have so many fonts? I always liked the advice from Mike Stevens that a dozen fonts we can execute well should be all you'd need. I realize he was referring to sign painting. I still mostly approach it that way tho if left to my own devices. There is a huge benefit in being completely familiar with a given font arsenal when you start doing custom level design. I find myself currently using SteveC's signfonts.com for nearly everything I do. It makes Mike Stevens advice totally applicable to computers and vinyl in a very easy and good lookin' way.

10. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    :thread Arlo ... that's a topic for its own thread ... not on someone else's

Last edited: Jun 28, 2006