• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ok, dumb one about fonts

threeputt

Is there a way a person can get a one-time license to use a font? I need a particular font, but I'll only need it one time. Can I buy from someone this one-time use? Or, alternatively, can you buy a particular font at an attractive price somewhere?

How do other members handle this sort of thing. I mean, geez, we have what? over 4000 fonts but none exactly like the clients logo type and slogan. ITC Luna.

PMG

i would bill the cost to your customer,,then you have the font for free and for future use,,and it did not cost you a thing!!! JMO

Arlo Kalon 2.0

threeputt said:
I mean, geez, we have what? over 4000 fonts but none exactly like the clients logo type and slogan.

Yeahright! HOW did that happen anyway? WHY do we have so many fonts? I always liked the advice from Mike Stevens that a dozen fonts we can execute well should be all you'd need. I realize he was referring to sign painting. I still mostly approach it that way tho if left to my own devices. There is a huge benefit in being completely familiar with a given font arsenal when you start doing custom level design. I find myself currently using SteveC's signfonts.com for nearly everything I do. It makes Mike Stevens advice totally applicable to computers and vinyl in a very easy and good lookin' way.