• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Ok folks, time to make popcorn!

Val47

If the fact checking doesn't go both ways... then it's not reliable information to us. I'm growing increasingly tired of the "talking heads" not really reporting as unbiased reporting. That is what I want. So... ugh, this is why I have to see things for myself.

I remember my elders telling me: Believe most of what you see, half of what you read, and none of what you hear. ( I may have fkd that up, I just remember the "none of what you hear" part) :rolleyes:

Val47

Don't confuse opinion shows with news. The talking heads aren't reporters.
That is what I used to think. I actually studied journalism in college. (wanted to be a broadcast reporter - damn, geek clue. became a punk rock musician instead). I know biased reporting vs non-biased. I didn't think reporters use to be bias. That is not the creed, and responsibility of reporting.
Now, It's getting harder and harder to tell the difference between the opinion commentator, and the news reporter.

Val47

I have a confession to make. I didn't make any popcorn. but I think I might now, and go watch my latest netflix binge right now.

since it's close to Halloween, perhaps I'll re-watch some black mirror episodes.... :)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Now, ya just hafta be patient...... it will happen. The first part is just cute, but it gets pretty heavy 1/2 way in......................... ohh, and it might not really be a goose.