• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ok guys, I need some help here...

So I have replaced the print head, and damper, pulled ink through, made sure the damper is full, etc. I have run several heavy cleanings, tried soaking the heads. This is what my test print comes out like and I dont know if you will be able to see it but I also attached a pic of a solid red box to show the "lines" in it.
The printer is a Mutoh Falcon Outdoor 62
Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 124
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 120

J Hill Designs

IE clean it more...it has half of the nozzles missing. you will never get a good red from it...to make sure its not a media feed compensation issue, print a green box (only using C and Y) - if no banding, the nozzle drops are culprit - maybe soak it a bit more?

randya

Start a soak and rewet with fresh cleaning solution every 20 minutes or so.
If after a couple of hours you get no more new nozzles, the head could be damaged or unrecoverable.

Headhunterx

Try warming your cleaning solution in the microwave for about 30 seconds and then let the head soak while the solution is warm.

Richard

ok so update here. I tried all the suggestions and im still printing like garbage.
I am also now noticing that I am getting an overspray, like when you have some fuzz on the head and it drags but I cleaned the heads and there is no fuzz.
Anyone have any other suggestions??
I also have another issue, if I try lowering the heads and printing I get nothing at all to print. Then when I lift the heads back up I need to do a few heavy cleanings to get the ink to come out again.
Someone please help!

Also, that head is brand new. I just installed it because of this problem figuring the same thing you said Randy. Well, new head and still the same problem...
Anyone?

luggnut

are you using the "new" ink cartridges... ? i was told they are cause a lot of people problems. they don't fit as well and let air get in the lines.

CheapVehicleWrap

The new ink came out 3-4 months ago I believe (correct me if I'm wrong). It's also blamed for swelling the pad in the cap top within days.

luggnut

the old style carts were kind of a translucent white plastic.. the new ones are more opaque and seems like a little more brittle plastic..