• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

OK HP Latex gurus.... color issue

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
So here goes....on our 560 I have an issue with one set of profiles, for an intermediate vinyl . I have a 6pass and a 10pass I use. Colors are spot on in 6pass, but run the same image in 10 pass and they change, quite a bit. A grey color in this particular image turns almost purplish in the 10 pass mode. What do I need to adjust to get them to appear the same? All has been calibrated....it seems they used to be close but something has changed. I seem to recall I did lower the saturation value for the 10 pass some time ago because my blacks were a bit "wet" after printing. Maybe that affected the overall appearance? I just figured, once calibrated, any pass you choose will print correctly.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Ok just checking. You will get different colors at different pass counts, that was the reasoning behind it. Higher pass counts will give you richer colors so it might just be one of those things you will never be able to get done.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Ok just checking. You will get different colors at different pass counts, that was the reasoning behind it. Higher pass counts will give you richer colors so it might just be one of those things you will never be able to get done.
Well like I said before, I am pretty sure that multiple pass counts in one profile were much closer to each other than these 2 are. Maybe some colors are more "close" than others, and this particular image is one exception. I just have to make sure anything with solid greys in it must be run at 6 pass.

dypinc

One calibration will be fine for your different modes in each media preset. But, you need to create a new (custom) profile for each mode. If that is done there is no reason they should be different other than the fact you can have higher ink densities at 10pass which depending on the ink load of the job could be limiting your gamut at 6 Pass.

Also keep in mind if you using CMYKcm in the 6 Pass mode and the job calls for a lot light inks you could potentially get ink starvation due to the fact there is only one lc/lm printhead on these machines.

maximumapogee

What version of the firmware do you have? I had some colors coming out wrong, generated a new icc profile and that fixed it. The old profile, done with an older firmware, looked fine when I used it to proof in photoshop, but some colors didn't match when printed.

cmhaynes6

Super Psychedelic Mojo Master
You might be able to clone the 10 pass mode and bump the saturation to the previous settings and adjust the heat to dry the ink. Though If the heat is high already it might effect the media.

This assuming the colors were good before. Just a thought.