• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ok, old casmate vs new flexi font question!!

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Shortly after Amiable Technologies merged with Scanvec (to become Scanvec-Amiable and later SAi) they converted most (but not all) the proprietary .SCF font package files to True Type Fonts. We still have a couple of the Flexi Fonts 2000 (as in year 2000) CD-ROM discs in our shop. A few weights of Triumvirate were included. But the fonts were called "CG Triumvirate." The kerning of the TTF files is not the same as that of the old CASmate .SCF fonts. Not that it matters too much anyway. Triumvirate was the Compugraphic type foundry's knock-off of Helvetica. It goes right along with other Helvetica clones such as Bitstream's Swiss 721 or URW's Nimbus Sans.

One of the big hazards with these Helvetica clones is they're not 100% interchangeable. There are subtle, even tiny differences between Helvetica and the various clones like Triumvirate. Add to that the legit versions of Helvetica: there's the original 1950's cut, the 1980's "Neue" Helvetica cuts and this year we have Helvetica Now adding a major new wrinkle to the situation. The hazard I speak of occurs when a sign project involves replacing something like a damaged channel letter face busted in a hail storm or something. Generally you want to have the original sign design files to get an exact fit. Too many sign designers can't avoid the urge to squeeze or stretch the letters rather than leaving them in their normal proportions.

FrankW

It should be still possible to use SCF-Fonts in Flexi. Copy your SCF-Library-Files into the folder "CASFonts" in the SAi Production Suite folder. Had some issues with special german characters like "Umlaute". They should appear in the Flexi Font Menu with a grey and red symbol like the old CASmate program icon.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
It should be still possible to use SCF-Fonts in Flexi. Copy your SCF-Library-Files into the folder "CASFonts" in the SAi Production Suite folder. Had some issues with special german characters like "Umlaute". They should appear in the Flexi Font Menu with a grey and red symbol like the old CASmate program icon.
Yes they do, at least in Flexi 12 Mutoh version:
casfonts.jpg