• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ok Pros, printer suggestion within my realm of 24" cutter

Pippin Decals

How is this machine if anyone knows, ive talked to a few people on another forum and so far ive gotten good views. so now im turning to you guys ,I want to stay at this size of printer. i have no need to go larger due to im doing very well at this 24" and under cutter which is a titan 2 .paid for itself in less than 2 months and ive been asked to do prints but had to turn them away cause i didnt have a printer. So here is a Mutoh ValueJet 628 24" Eco-Solvent Printer for $6,495.00 that i stumbled upon after trying to find one this size with no luck from anyone. everybody kept saying to get a 58" etc and i didnt want that big Please no hating lol..... http://www.graphicsone.com/large-fo...valuejet-626-eco-solvent-desktop-printer.html

OldPaint

duh........do you know if you put 24" material in a 54" printer............all you will get is 24" prints?????
but say you need to a 36" print..........with a 24" ONLY........you gona make a seam......or IF YOU HAD 54" buy some 36" material))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

player

Nothing like a self induced hobbling.

I would look at Roland 30" printers. They come with a built in cutter.

Most print media is 30" and 54". Not ideal for a 24" workflow.

You will also need a laminator.

Your cutter needs to be able to read crop marks to align the cut paths to the prints.

Pippin Decals

duh........do you know if you put 24" material in a 54" printer............all you will get is 24" prints?????
but say you need to a 36" print..........with a 24" ONLY........you gona make a seam......or IF YOU HAD 54" buy some 36" material))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Thats not what i meant . i know if i put in a 24 " vinyl thats what im getting lol. i meant that i dont want to buy a overkill sized machine when im only using the size of vinyl i want.. i have a titan 2 for now and will be upgrading when needed,but not yet. doing perfectly with what i have.. And im not going to drop 10,000 for something that might not work out ,so im being safe and wiliing to drop 6500 cause i have a back up plan if i need to use it,,Like i said im doing very well so far , thats how im able to buy what i want for my needs of work asked by customers not buy what i do want to do...

Pippin Decals

Nothing like a self induced hobbling.

I would look at Roland 30" printers. They come with a built in cutter.

Most print media is 30" and 54". Not ideal for a 24" workflow.

You will also need a laminator.

Your cutter needs to be able to read crop marks to align the cut paths to the prints.

Thank you Player for the suggestion on the laminator, i will check it out ..and i wont be doing your typical contour cutting like some. I have my way and what people are buying from me constantly. I have many buyers that know what i can do and cant, and whats great about it is they work with what i have and because i kill the other shops with my prices with my 24" cutter and high quality vinyl..

Jackpine

That is a decent price for the 24" Mutoh. It has two sets of inks to increase the print speed. Depends on your market if a 24" printer will work for you. These printers print on any vinyl. You can buy 24" matte or gloss cut vinyl and it works great. At the most you might wipe the print area with 91% Isopropyl alcohol to clean the print area. A 24" CE Graphtec cutter will do what you want. They have optics to contour cut from version CE 3000. If that was available at that price when I bought my 1204 I would have taken another look. My market is prints 24" and smaller. You can always outsource larger prints. A Big Squeegee or a 27" electric laminator would work.