• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

OK...try to make this simple for me...

reelguitars

I have a very simple though profitable job to do. With Mutoh Outdoor 62 and Flexi 8.1 when I went to print out a simple sign with big sky blue letters and small gray letters, the sky blue was navy blue and the gray was almost black. I thought that maybe printer was putting down too much black ink so I adjusted it down to 50% (I went down this far to see if it really did make a difference). Well, navy letters went to purple, and almost black letters went to some other color. I know very little about ICC profiles, but recently I printed a pic of a football helmet and the colors were dead on. The more I learn about this printer, the stupider I get it seems. No flames or sermons please. If you can help, help. If you want to preach, go to church. Thanks in advance for the ones that truly want to help. David

Salmoneye

Guess that wouldn't explain darker colors, it can cause color shifts though. I'll leave this for someone who knows your equip combo.

FrankW

Reducing black to make gray lighter will not work, because depending on where you do this you just clip max ink level. If grey is to dark you need to Correct linearization in the profiler. So its really a problem of the profile.

thewvsignguy

make sure you are using the right profile and check your rendering intents.

in flexi production manager on the left side, right click on your printer.

select the default job properties, then click on the color management tab.

next click on the advanced button or advanced color management, in there under rendering intents make sure under vector or text is not set to "no color correction" try the relative colorimetric instead.

this should get the colors closer to what you see on the screen and it you change your colors to RGB instead of CYMK might help too.

You will have to play around with the settings to get the best results.

The screen shot is using flexi pro 10 so your 8.1 might be a little different.

Attachments

• SS PM.jpg
    SS PM.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 82

tsgstl

Internal test print from the machines menu is your first step. This narrows down to a printer or computer problem.

Sounds like a bad profile. Find a good profile, I use Oracal profiles mostly. Find a material symillar to whatever you are using. Go to their site and download the profile and install. I think they even come with a directional notepad file that walks you through it.

Make 4 new colors 1 100% cyan 1 100% magenta 1 100% yellow 1 100% black print that to see how it looks

Matt-Tastic

make sure you are using the right profile and check your rendering intents.

in flexi production manager on the left side, right click on your printer.

select the default job properties, then click on the color management tab.

next click on the advanced button or advanced color management, in there under rendering intents make sure under vector or text is not set to "no color correction" try the relative colorimetric instead.

this should get the colors closer to what you see on the screen and it you change your colors to RGB instead of CYMK might help too.

You will have to play around with the settings to get the best results.

The screen shot is using flexi pro 10 so your 8.1 might be a little different.

more to the point on his screen shot, make sure you have "use color correction" selected from the top dropdown on the third tab.

That kind of thing often happens when no ink limiting and no icc is being used. make sure you have that selected.