Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok you NorEasterners / Buckle up and have Fun.

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by ThinkRight, Feb 6, 2013.

1. ThinkRight

ThinkRight Active Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Atlanta Ga
    Blizzard to Bury New England at the End of the Week
    Two storms will merge quickly enough to bring colder air, heavy snow and increasing wind to New England. Some areas will be hit with an all-out blizzard and a couple of feet of snow.
    The worst of the storm will hit late Friday and Friday night and will wind down Saturday morning. However, lingering effects from blowing and drifting snow, blocked roads and other travel delays are likely to linger into much of the weekend.

With such snowfall intensity, vehicles can become stuck and people can become stranded.
    http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/blizzard-to-bury-new-england-at-the-end-of-week/5673457

Antlanta is suffering also...
    http://www.weather.com/weather/5-day/Atlanta+GA+30324:4:US

onight
    Feb 6
    67°F
    Observed High
    3:45 pm
    47°F
    Mostly Cloudy
    CHANCE OF RAIN:
    20%

WIND:
    NE at 7 mph
    Details
    Thu
    Feb 7
    48°
    43°
    Rain
    CHANCE OF RAIN:
    100%

WIND:
    ENE at 12 mph
    Details
    Fri
    Feb 8
    62°
    34°
    Partly Cloudy
    CHANCE OF RAIN:
    20%

WIND:
    NW at 10 mph
    Details
    Sat
    Feb 9
    62°
    41°
    Mostly Sunny
    CHANCE OF RAIN:
    10%

WIND:
    ENE at 5 mph
    Details
    Sun
    Feb 10
    59°
    53°
    Cloudy
    CHANCE OF RAIN:
    20%

WIND:
    ESE at 10 mph

Tags:
  2. geb

geb Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Adirondacks
    bring it..

3. MJRKat

MJRKat New Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Afton, NY
    Shoot, the last one they said was a storm we got 4" of the white stuff..I'll believe it when I see it..:thumb:

4. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    yep that's me. they say 8" to 16" on the news tonight for Firday. they said 6" yesterday so it has gone up and most might go up again. yippie, I hate the white crap

5. fmg

fmg Very Active Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Im down wit dat

6. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    well just since the 6pm news the newest update is now 24"...I guess I'll be stuck at home for the day or so

7. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    I don't miss the snow - at all. But I miss that "being stuck at home" day. Our best friend just texted a picture of the heavy snowfall in NE Ohio area... with 6" plus still on the ground. Hope y'all keep power!!

8. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Kinda reminds me how it was here last week. I was finishing up a hat order early in the morning. Snowed all morning, about 2"s and then it was all gone by mid afternoon. One and only snow so far all this winter.

9. slappy

slappy Very Active Member

May 31, 2005
    Earth
    i sooooo wish i lived up there! I love snow! Stay safe!

10. 401Graphics

401Graphics Very Active Member

I hate snow! Glad i got a 4wd SUV

11. thewvsignguy

thewvsignguy Active Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Grantsville, MD
    Hey people up north. When Sandy moved through and dumped 24" of heavy wet snow over our area we lost power for 5 days (121 hours to be exact) it su@ked, electricity is AWESOME!

Please be prepared, gas up your vehicles, fill the bath tub with water for toilet flushing, Water for drinking and some food to get you by for a few days.

We were a day and a half before the plows could get back our road because the downed trees. No electric no stove no forced air from the propane furnace. Luckily we have a wood burning fireplace with a 5 day supply of fire wood.

Even after we got out on the open road via 4WD our little town and 20 mile radius was without power as well.

PREPARE FOR THE WORST and hope for the best, good luck!

12. rcook99

rcook99 Very Active Member

May 25, 2006
    NE
    Just gassed up the snow lower and also picked my new 4x4 SUV today. Not a worry in the world. I hope we get 3 feet here in central NY. I mean it is February here in the North East.

13. Typestries

Typestries Very Active Member

Jan 8, 2007
    NJ | VT
    Left the shop today at 1, now pre-positioned comfortably in my house in Southern VT, ready to go play in the pow pow!!! Let the fun begin!

14. Angela

Angela Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Temecula, CA
    It's like 42 here in California with about an inch of rain. We are freaking out. Can't imagine 2 feet of snow. Good luck, stay safe.

15. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    It is like 50 here today, sunny and nice. Sorry!

16. slappy

slappy Very Active Member

May 31, 2005
    Earth
    i'm about to drive east to see and get in all the action! it's missing us!

Winter advisory up till 1:00am here, but it's doing absolutely nothing right now but blowing wind and a little snow and like 25 degree! I'm filled with disappointment.

Stay safe Marlene and don't get stuck again! I want pics to btw of all your snow!

17. DizzyMarkus

DizzyMarkus Active Member

Jan 23, 2012
    8" - 10" now and see what tonite brings :0)

Markus