• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

OKI Data Pro printers, very interesting

Rodi

Signmeup, no it is not direct to garment, but it allows white over or white under. Think heatpress, low volume lables (cut on a vinyl cutter.) Think about as low as 8 cents for out put.

Hey Mark think about white ink on Blue/Black Red stock.

I think for laser printer it is close to being a first, and it is pretty affordable.

bigben

Hmmm. It seems you can't have cmyk, cmyw and the fiery in the same machine. The one with the fiery don't have white ink and the one with white ink don't have the fiery. But still a seems to be a good machine for short runs...

signmeup

Well it mentions DTG and textiles in the press release so I guess I got confused. What were they trying to convey?

Rodi

Transfer to heat press. In my mind, it is labels, you can make up pretty dark with CMY, then back it with white. There are a ton of graphic possibilities, for far less than ever before.

The Oki that prints white is CMYW. It uses CMY build for black. The white can be moved from the first to the last channel, for under or over print. It uses the OKI print driver, not Fiery "yet". Interesting technology. We have an OKI label printer on our demo floor and the first question is always "does it have white" I hope it will soon.

Rodi

I have been hoping for the same thing If you can do white labels, you own certain segments of a market.

EddieHollywood

I would love to see the print quality for heat pressing onto T-Shirts and see how many washing it will stand up to compared to other heat press on items.

I could see knocking out super low cost T-Shirts, Caps, and any other thing i could press on to.
I wonder if the print would out last a direct to garment printer. Samples i have from them do not last very long my vinyl on to Ts last a lot longer but no full color designs.

If this is a good product it will put a hurt on the high priced direct to garment printers.
I would like doing it this way better. Have designs printed on the shelf ready to press on as needed from my own designs.
You could make a custom one off design for anyone very fast with no big setup to deal with.

I have a dyesub printer now and we do this but the T shirts cost way to much to make much on them.

http://www.graphicsone.com/oki-procolor-920wht.html/

Says cotton, polyester, silk, 50/50 cotton/polyester blend and more.

FrankenSigns.biz

Hi Rodi. Have you seen any specs on the durability of the transfers? A price point of $7,000 makes this a real consideration for one such as I.