Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OKI (Seiko) ColorPainter M-64 Error 2614

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by ToneCustomSigns, Jun 30, 2020.

1. ToneCustomSigns

ToneCustomSigns New Member

Jun 3, 2019
    San Antonio, TX
    Has anyone encountered Error Code 2614 on their Oki (Seiko) ColorPainter M-64s? It happened after I did a tank refill and now I can't get the error to clear. I'm sure it has something to do with a sensor but how convenient that the book does not include a list of error codes and how to clear them.

Tags:
  2. C5 Service&Repair

C5 Service&Repair Member

Jan 14, 2018
    Omaha, NE
    2614 is the subtank full sensor error on color 5. Restart the machine and reinstall the cartridge.

I've seen it happen that the subtank gets too full and the pump can't correct it so you'll get stuck on this error. I'ts a barrel of monkeys to get it to correct itself.

3. ToneCustomSigns

ToneCustomSigns New Member

Jun 3, 2019
    San Antonio, TX
    Thank you!!

4. L.D

L.D Member

Jan 19, 2018
    Atlanta
    If you put CP manager in service mode you can use the Actuator menu in order to run ink back to the cartridge. This will Lower the ink level in the subtank and remove the error code.

It may be time to replace or cap and pump on that channel. Ink doesn’t appear to be pulling as it should.