• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oki (seiko) E64s

rjssigns

There was no OKI forum so if this needs to be moved...

Anyway I stumbled across the new OKI E64s on YouTube. Guy that was doing the demo claims a 7 year MCS warranty. Is that true? Seems they partnered with 3M for the inks so it may have some credibility. They also claim ink cost is around 15 cents a square foot. Wonder if that includes heads, maintenance, etc..?
If you have one installed before the end of next month they give you three full sets of inks if anyone is interested.

Downside is it has 6 heads and it looks like they're a thousand bucks a pop. That's a big nope.

Would be interesting to talk to someone that runs one daily.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
This machine has been around the block, its actually a really good machine but overpriced in the market. This is the old Seiko 64's but is older technology as far as inks go. I think this was the same as the HP-9000 as well when they owned it. It does really great output but is slow and outdated in my opinion.

rjssigns

Hey BigFish,
Thanks for the info. Not buying one, was curious about the 7year MCS warranty more than anything. I'd think 6 grand worth of heads would scare any sane person away.

This machine has been around the block, its actually a really good machine but overpriced in the market. This is the old Seiko 64's but is older technology as far as inks go. I think this was the same as the HP-9000 as well when they owned it. It does really great output but is slow and outdated in my opinion.

danno

The heads are not in need of replacement like the Latex machines are. We had 2 HP9000s and the head life on that unit was 5-6 years. I figure on this printer being the same. The SX series ink set is only about 2-3 years old and is an eco-solvent. We run an M-64 here and really like it. Yes, 3M is offering a 7 year MCS warranty with the 3M inks. We have been doing great with the OEM SX series inkset.

ScheelsPR

I would beg to say that the E64 is part of the M64s technology, not the W or H.

The differences between the e64 and m64 I can tell is that the nozzle ppi has increased but ink capacity is only 1/3rd of the m64s and is missing light black(grey) channel and greatly reduced carriage speed, probably to compensate for the safe pass technology. We get roughly 350 sqft/hr on our production print speed. I would equate the E series to be in 'slow' carriage speed of our M series.

We run two M-64s here, and have chassis 28 and 32 off their production line - yes, some of the very first ones built - we are actively looking at the newly released Canon Oce Colorado 1640 to replace them for auto loading, speed increase, instant dry (no gas out) and decreased odor...but until we can view them at the ISA show.

You can get the rated 7 year warranty if you use 3m material for application but in all honesty, anything over 5 years should be probably replaced with updated graphics to fit the industry trends. Nothing I've seen warranting a 7 year outdoor rating appears modern, but if styling for retro is what you want then I can see that being a great asset.

TomK

We run two M-64s here, and have chassis 28 and 32 off their production line - yes, some of the very first ones built - we are actively looking at the newly released Canon Oce Colorado 1640 to replace them for auto loading, speed increase, instant dry (no gas out) and decreased odor...but until we can view them at the ISA show.

Wow, that Canon Oce looks like one amazing printer!!