• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Old Cars...

kstompaint

I'm looking for a pre-1973 station wagon or suburban (4wd), 4 door is fine. I may consider a sedan if it's a 2 door, I need to fit at least 5 people. If anybody sees one in their area or online, shoot it over to me! Not looking for a show car, just a driver and my budget is going to be determined by the car. I'd like it to have disc brakes & a V8. Modifications are fine if they're well done. A/C is not a must but it is a plus.

Let me know whatcha see out there!

Thanks in advance,
Thad

Pat Whatley

I've been looking for one for a few years, too, really want one a little earlier.

Not so say you're not smart enough to look for yourself but you have checked ebay, haven't you?

The picture below is my dream shop truck...rust and all.

Attachments

• wagon.jpg
    wagon.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 57

kstompaint

Yea, Pat... I have the search saved & I run it every time I walk by the computer... That wagon is sick! I like the earlier ones too but I'm mainly just looking to pile the kids in & hit some goodguys shows so anything reliable will do. early 50's Chevy's are my favorite but it's tough to touch a decent one for under $30k.

Pat Whatley

There was a late 50s Caddy Wagon sitting in a field a few miles from my house that the owner wouldn't sell. Kept telling me "I'm gonna fix it up and make me a hot rod when I get time" It sat in the field for 20 years and rotted/rusted into the ground until there was little left to do anything with.

kstompaint

What I need is anything PRE-1973 because that's the cut off for admission to Goodguys Rod & Custom events. I did see that blue 57 on Pittsburgh Craigs List. I'm not looking for a project (I've already got one of those in the form of a 65 Buick Riviera Grand Sport). I just need a nice reliable driver. Here are a few that I've looked at. The White 60, the blue 61 and the patina 60 2-door were in the same place. The white one is a little needy but all original and very solid. I may end up going back for it but it has an older (and pretty shoddy) paint job on it. I would faux patina it if I got that one. The blue one almost went on the trailer but it was a little more than I wanted to spend for what it is. The 2-door was sold ($27k!?!?!).

I was high bidder on the red 54 Ford but reserve wasn't met. I'll be going to Carlisle next Friday... usually a sellers market there but who knows.

There's also a pic of my 65 Riv, prior to going under the knife and a 64 Impala SS that I sold last year.

Attachments

• 100_4244.jpg
    100_4244.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3905.jpg
    IMG_3905.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3030.jpg
    IMG_3030.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_6685.jpg
    IMG_6685.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 53
  • 65 Riviera.jpg
    65 Riviera.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 55
  • Front Back.jpg
    Front Back.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 53

SignosaurusRex

Ohhhh Baby......lovin that 54 Ford! I had that in a Panel Delivery Wagon when I was a teen. Unfortunately it was in my grandmothers back yard in another state. She wanted it gone and I couldn't go get it. Had to sell it dirt cheap. I could cry!!! I'd give my left n** to have it today.

OldPaint

while i was going to PENN STATE, i had a 73 plymouth satellite wagon. it was forest green metallic and i put a chrysler 300 gold "starsky n hutch" stripe on both sides and up on the roof, and i put a hood stripe like the "roadrunners" had and then pinstriped it in white.
put in a highback bench seat from a plymouth fury and american mags, curtains in all the windows backseat & side, mirror tint on the back window you dould see out but not in.
on the tail gate i painted a canopy looking bed, with motion lines around it and in script i wrote SHAGGIN' WAGON.........have mattress, will stop)))))
what i was trying to find for years(never did) was a 67-72 chevy panel suburban. 67-68 where the suburban had all glass, these where all metal.

Attachments

• chevy_suburban_panel_white_1969.jpg
    chevy_suburban_panel_white_1969.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 56