Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old English font help please???

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by Goofball, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Goofball

Goofball Member

Aug 8, 2006
    I have searched and searched and can't run across this exact font. Found several similar but they want this one.....did I mention I HATE old english like stuff!!!

Bob

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    No match in my database.

3. Goofball

Goofball Member

Aug 8, 2006
    Fred,
    That is shocking....yet makes me feel better....glad I'm not the only one who is stumped. Thanks for checking though.

Bob

4. doublesky

doublesky Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Fountain Valley
    OMG did fred just say he doesn't have that font in his database??? Yep, there's your reason for being stumped...
    BTW, I am always amazed at Fred's ability to call fonts, I guess that's why he's the big dog!

5. Goofball

Goofball Member

Aug 8, 2006
    Yea...I know what you mean....when I first saw that he had responded I was excited....i just knew he was going to steer me in the right direction.....I must say I was SHOCKED myself....this may turn out to be an interesting question. Fred you're still the man in my book. I'll let you slide this once.

Bob

6. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    The character appears to be an individual character creation, as the proper calligraphic structure was not followed in its creation, leading me to believe that an entire font does not exist. No matches in any of my font collections. Sorry! If Fred does not have it and can't I.D. it, It probably does not exist! Period.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  7. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA

Sounds like a fancy way of saying..... 'Bastardized' font. Probably hand created.

8. SignosaurusRex

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    Damn Straight Gino! Now quit interrupting my valuable beer drinking time. LOL

9. javila

javila Active Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Try Medieval something

10. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Sorry there Rex…….

I just like to see that word spelled out. It has a nice flow and feel about it. Makes you wanna create words, no matter what they mean… just to see letters doing something neat. Yep, that’s the ticket, now I’m goin’ home and we’re going to the ‘Fire Company' tonight and we’re going to drink ‘CHEAP’. Now there’s a place where cheap has a great meaning……

:beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer... breath...:beer :beer :beer :beer

11. Brandee

Brandee New Member

Mar 6, 2007
  12. SignosaurusRex

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    Yup!:beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer breath :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer breath :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer breath :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer Detroit who? :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer

13. Ken

Ken Major Contributor

Feb 7, 2005
    BC
    Do you actually need/want the whole font or just the item shown?
    Could be traced easily enough...
    Cheers!
    Ken