• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Old English Script?

jfiscus

Rap Master
I thought I had this font figured out, but apparently the "font" I have is no good...
I had "English Towne" as the font I was going to use, but that font isn't any good for cutting.
Any idea on what font I should be using?

Attachments

• 20140922_110045.jpg
    20140922_110045.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 58

J Hill Designs

what do you mean its not good for cutting? bad paths or what? edit: yeah, just downloaded and looked at it in wireframe ... sheesh!

AGFA's Old English matches, but would have to be beefed up

jfiscus

Rap Master
what do you mean its not good for cutting? bad paths or what? edit: yeah, just downloaded and looked at it in wireframe ... sheesh!

Scary aint it? It looks all fine and dandy until you zoom in on those paths!

oksigns

That font is not that bad. In Illustrator, you can quickly make a solid drop shadow, and merge it with the rest of the lettering for cutting purposes.

jfiscus

Rap Master

It doesn't seem to have as "spikey" of serifs though, especially when I try beefing it up. Any others out there?

oksigns

No. This is for a fire truck. Aint gonna fly.

What about it does not work for a fire truck? Is it the type match or construction? I just did a quick run on it in Illustrator and had no issues resolving excessive anchors after building a drop shadow for it.

J Hill Designs

What about it does not work for a fire truck? Is it the type match or construction? I just did a quick run on it in Illustrator and had no issues resolving excessive anchors after building a drop shadow for it.

sure the drop shadow path will be fine, but not the original lettering path for cutting the gold

jfiscus

Rap Master
This is not the only lettering to go on the new truck, and they want to see it multiple ways in my proofs. (arched, straight, etc) So, cleaning up all those paths will be a pain, but that might be my only option.

GB2

Old Member
I'm not sure what kind of problem you are having but here is a picture of English Towne and there doesn't seem to be any problem with it:

Attachments

• English Towne v2.jpg
    English Towne v2.jpg
    616.2 KB · Views: 65

jfiscus

Rap Master
There are many little problems, zoom in and check it out in outline view.
Maybe there is a clean version out there?

Attachments

• T.jpg
    T.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 55
  • P.jpg
    P.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 71

GB2

Old Member
I think you have a bootleg version of the font, I didn't seem to have any of those issues.

GB2

Old Member
Hmm...ok, so apparently I stand corrected. My version also shows some anomalies upon close inspection. I've posted a copy so you can see for yourself if it is better or the same.

Attachments

• Plymouth Fire Dept..eps
    721.6 KB · Views: 61

J Hill Designs

Hmm...ok, so apparently I stand corrected. My version also shows some anomalies upon close inspection. I've posted a copy so you can see for yourself if it is better or the same.

definitely better - edit: perfect match with (what I have on my computer as) sigroomtowne