• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

old foil issues?

theKING

so we still can not get our registration fixed... started looking at the foils as they came with the machine and I do not know how old they are... Job calls for a purple.. and that is the color that just refuses to line up. We swapped it with another purple cartridge that came with the package and it has about the same result... minimal improvement. Ran the job again and substituted the purple foils for another color and it printed nearly perfect... I suspect I have 2 old purple foils... anyone experience a bad foil that did this?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
As mentioned in another thread, you will get a different print point depending on how much foil remains in the cartridge. You need to allow a tolerance in your setups of about + or - .02". This can be handled in most jobs using the choke and spread feature in Omega if you are printing with spot colors. You can also adjust the print position on the x axis in Omega 3 and later. Another approach is to switch to CMYK instead of spot colors in which case the issue is eliminated since blending by percentages to create colors is far more forgiving than printing with spot colors.

Foils may get old which might affect transfer durability but there's no reason to look at foil age as the cause of color to color registration issues.

signage

how much is left on each cartridge? If the amount from Cartridge to cartridge is alot then that would most likely be your problem!

Billct2

It is possible for catridges to be "damaged". Nothing to do with age, but more from mishandling, ie dropping them, or maybe somthing in the manufacturing process. I have had a few over the years that just didn't spool right.