• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Old machine needs repair.

rcboats1

Dont laugh, but I have a Roland PNC5000 that I want to get repaired. Any info as to someone on the west coast that can/will work on these would be of great help.

Thank you.

rcboats1

Thank you for the lead, but I guess I am out of luck. I talked to Pacific Coast and they quit working on them over a year ago. I will try to get Roland to talk to me about it one more time, but I dont hold out much hope.

rcboats1

DanStriker: Just the PNC5000.

Ian: It will power up but wont do anything else, not even a self test.

wes13: Gee, thanks for that.

The reason I was wanting to get this repaired is that I dont do very many printed graphics, mostly just cut vinyl stuff. At this point I cant justify buying a new machine for printing, but would like to have one that works and sence I already have this one.........

mystysue

Hey rcboats1.. Not to hijack your tread.. but .. just curious what kinda boats you have.. we run gas here..and belong to namba19
and know a couple of racers from up your way..

matter of fact im hoping to see Eric B. (from washington) in vegas next month at the world cup..

thanks for the update rcboats1...
'
i am guessing by your screenname that you probably print graphics for rc vehicles yes no? if so that is about one of the only instances where i could even consider a colorcamm and it would have to be for hobby use only.

so what is wrong with your machine, now that we know there is no place you can send it...maybe we can help you fix the issue yourself. time for a new head? if so you can do it yourself? what's the issue(s)?

Craig Sjoquist

well I have a pnc 5000 and really good shape but for print I took out print head out ..last I knew it cut great
... also last I knew had a heck of a time understanding why consistently it would work on command had to reboot then it would reboot then it would but I'm using XP not 98 or 2000 I did not want to go back
nor I want to figuare why and how ...bet you can make it work alot better for ya

shipping can't be to bad what ya say lets talk maybe

wraps r kewl

rcboats1

thanks for the update rcboats1...
'
i am guessing by your screenname that you probably print graphics for rc vehicles yes no? if so that is about one of the only instances where i could even consider a colorcamm and it would have to be for hobby use only.

so what is wrong with your machine, now that we know there is no place you can send it...maybe we can help you fix the issue yourself. time for a new head? if so you can do it yourself? what's the issue(s)?

Yes, that is the bulk of the graphics printing that I do.

When I turn it on it will "park" the print head/cutter and do nothing else. It wont respond to the keypad at all. I have tried the self test/test cut and it wont do anything.

rcboats1

Hey rcboats1.. Not to hijack your tread.. but .. just curious what kinda boats you have.. we run gas here..and belong to namba19
and know a couple of racers from up your way..

matter of fact im hoping to see Eric B. (from washington) in vegas next month at the world cup..

I run all the nitro classes and some gas classes. I was going to be at the Vegas race with Eric, but I bought a business earlier this year so its hard to get away. Good luck and have fun in sin city.