Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Roland Stika on EMAC USB

Discussion in 'Roland' started by blackbok, Dec 17, 2005.

1. blackbok

blackbok Member

May 31, 2005
    OK, so I have a tiny Roland Stika 12" cutter that i have been using for a long while at home. I have it set up in my garage with my old mac 7200/120. It plugs in via paralell cable to a PIA adaptor which plugs into the modem port. I got this idea that maybe I could bring it inside and hook it up to my emac where I do all of my design work. Went to Frys looking for a paralell to USB cable. Found it, got home, plugged in, went through the productin manager set-up (Flexi 6.6 Pro) named the STX-8, conneceted via USB... but it wouldn't let me. The only option it accepted was USB PIA. I went back and returned the cable and the oh so knowledgeable Frys staff couldn't help me.

So, where in the chain is it failing? If I get an adaptor for the modem plug to USB (looked like a PS2 to USB adaptor might fit) would that work? I even tried a different Paralell/USB that runs faxes and scanners, but it had PC drivers only. That failed too.

Any hope for my relic?

Tags: