• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Old SP300v, what to do with it

amw

Longtime Members
We have an old (2006) Roland SP300v that is not plunged in anymore.
When it was last used the Blk print head was pretty bad.
The printer saw light use since we bought a 54" shortly after getting it.
It is all there and still powers up fine.

What should we do with it?
What is it worth?

Thank you!

spb

✨鞄➕
It's worth whatever the maximum amount you can get someone to pay for it. Just as a data point, I paid $2K for an SP-300V (which used to be an SP-300, but someone converted it to a V with Roland's double-secret conversion procedure) in January and then spent another $750 for upgrades (new printhead, new bulk ink system, blades, cleaning supplies, new cutting strip, media clamps, new flanges, spare parts). So far it's been running great with the occasional glitch.

amw

Longtime Members
It's worth whatever the maximum amount you can get someone to pay for it. Just as a data point, I paid $2K for an SP-300V (which used to be an SP-300, but someone converted it to a V with Roland's double-secret conversion procedure) in January and then spent another $750 for upgrades (new printhead, new bulk ink system, blades, cleaning supplies, new cutting strip, media clamps, new flanges, spare parts). So far it's been running great with the occasional glitch.
Thanks for the reply.
I am sure it has a lot of life left in it. Maybe I will have to check on what parts would run to get it running again.
I am sure its much more attractive to someone if its actually printing.

Terry01

Two new printheads, a scan motor, and that printer will be as good as new. Put it back to work. Cheapest solvent printer to repair, that anyone can get.