• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

old thread, can't find it

agunn

i remember a while back there was a thread on here about the different cost between advertising (tv, print, vinyl wrap...)... does anybody have any insight where i can find this info (on here or on the web) or where that thread went?

thanks in advance

iSign

there's a merchant member here who doesn't post that often anymore, but in addition to his years of experience running a sign business, he has also created a business and website devoted to helping other sign companies with marketing & business structure aids of various kinds... templates, forms & flyers etc...

I was advised my a marketing consultant (Jon Aston, also a merchant here) to consider purchasing a set of templates called the Sign Planning Guide. I invested my $29 bucks, and ended up spending dozens of hours tweaking it to more specificaly represent my company.

A few pages of his templates talk about statistical comparisons between signage, TV Radio & print advertising.

I had posted a thread or two to show others here what I was doing with the templates I bought from SignExpert.com & to ask for feedback on improving my version before i printed & bound some as a sales tool & formally offered it for download from my web site.

I don't know if my thread might have been the one, but it has a link to the "signexpert" and he has other stuff too, that might include what you are looking for.

agunn

that's not actually what im thinking of... it was very basic and very general.

it said something like:

30 second commercial = xx,xxx dollars

write up in well known magazine = x,xxx dollars

wrap on vehicle = x,xxx dollars

..... it was more of a media outlet cost than anything

FrankenSigns.biz

Studies from the American Trucking Associations show that in a single year, an average delivery truck can make 16 MILLION visual impressions! When comparing the cost per square foot, per thousand impressions of a vehicle wrap (approximately $0.21 per sq ft cpm) with the average cost of a billboard (approximately $2.40 per sq ft cpm), YOU SAVE OVER 90 PERCENT!

Seventy-five percent of those who view your vehicle graphics will develop an impression of your company based on the appearance of your truck and twenty-nine percent will base their buying decisions on that impression.
COST PER THOUSAND COMPARISONS:

Prime time TV spot $20.54

Newspaper (1/4 page BW) 11.66

Prime time network TV 11.31

Radio :) 60 morning drive slot) 5.92

Rotary bulletins (posters) 3.90

Rotary bulletins (billboards) 1.78

Truckside ad 0.70

*Cost per Thousand (CPM) Source: Trucking Association & Outdoor Advertising Association of America