• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Old VS New - Need Critiques!!!

mxbykr99

Hello everybody!

I know this is my first post, but I would like everyone here to critique my logo for the graphics company that I manage. The only person that has resisted using this logo is the person in charge, who still would rather have the old logo :banghead:. Let me know what you think!

VS.jpg

JBusch260

Greetings from Ft Wayne, Indiana!

I very much prefer the new logo. It is cleaner, crisper, and concise. Very well done. Buuuuuuut, the guy in charge is the one signing your paychecks, so best of luck convincing that change.

Marlene

Why have 2 V's in the new concept? It kind of looks like W-MAX​

that is what I see too. use the block with the "V" as the V in the name. it isn't a perfect logo but sure is better than the cluttered up one they are using

JBusch260

I don't personally see the W there. I wouldn't mind seeing a new version with less gradients though. Perhaps a bit of space between the icon and busines name would help also.

But as for that old logo, I thought something about it looked familiar. Van Halen called and they want their V back.

Acknoid

New logo looks good. Much better than the old. But as others have said having two V's is repetitive. I would drop the V with the background or move the V with the background to where the normal V is.

Either way looks good.

Jillbeans

If a logo could have a mullet, that old one does.
New one is better but still kind of icky.
Different fonts, no italic, if you must have the V put it on top and don't chop off the tips.
Still looks a bit weak with the light colors and gradients.
Love....Jill

visual800

Tough love. Fonts suck, colors suck. The logo does nothing for me at all BUT you asked for opinions and thats mine

mxbykr99

Tough love. Fonts suck, colors suck. The logo does nothing for me at all BUT you asked for opinions and thats mine

Tough love is the best kind of love! Not everyone can love it, nor do I want them to. Logo design can be a bear, especially when new concepts are introduced. At least the new one doesn't call for a mullet!

JBusch260

Tough love is the best kind of love! Not everyone can love it, nor do I want them to. Logo design can be a bear, especially when new concepts are introduced. At least the new one doesn't call for a mullet!

Have you done any revisions, with the suggestions posted above, that you could share?

nikdoobs

Also, do you have any photo examples of the old logo applications? I'd love to see what your company's old trucks/ shirts look like.