• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Old western font ID? Cracked and faded...

Flame

Hey guys, got a cool project here. There's an old western building out in the desert that had been restored and all the lettering on the front done up in vinyl. Problem is, a few years out in the sun and the vinyl is cracking and peeling pretty bad. So we're going to go up and hand paint the new lettering on.

Problem is, some of the lettering is just fine, some of it.... well... isn't. So I guess only replacing one for now and we need to match the font used. The owner of the building passed away so we do not know who originally put the decals up and thus don't know the font.

It's a westerny font, kinda odd looking and I don't seem to have it and after browsing some western fonts can't seem to match it.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

• gallery.jpg
    gallery.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 73

Flame

And we have it! Thanks guys.... now I just have to hunt them down.

Man you're good Shovel... and PMG. :)

Signguyno1

See how nice old style hand lettering looks with varrigated leaf, blended shade and highlites.

This is one I did many years ago for a truck headboard , was used outdoors for over ten years.

Attachments

• Audettes side board.jpg
    Audettes side board.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 69