• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Older Gerber Edge printing with strip shaped blank areas.

Click Draw

Looking for some help,

I just acquired an older Gerber Edge and GS15 cutter. I was doing my initial trials last night and the printer is printing with missing areas in the shape of a stripes. They are consistently spaced about every 1.5" approximately. I figure this is just a set up issue or a cleaning required problem? Would love set help. Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Jeff

GB2

Old Member
That sounds typical of a defective print head. You can try cleaning the print strip on the head with 99% isopropyl alcohol but if there are lines going through your print you probably need to replace the print head, which means returning the unit to Gerber and it is about a $3000 service. They had a special on it recently for $2500 and that might still be going on.

Click Draw

That sounds typical of a defective print head. You can try cleaning the print strip on the head with 99% isopropyl alcohol but if there are lines going through your print you probably need to replace the print head, which means returning the unit to Gerber and it is about a $3000 service. They had a special on it recently for $2500 and that might still be going on.

Thanks for the replies. Im thinking and hoping, that its the software....the stripes go the width of the roll, not the other way. Make more sense?
Thanks,
Jeff

Click Draw

attachment.php

Here you go sir. Good news only please lol.

Attachments

• gerber-stripes.jpg
    gerber-stripes.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 114