• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

OLDER HP26500 VS ROLAND XC-540

lookinc

Well, I don't know about you but this has been a rough year for me. I have an xc-540 that I've been using for about 6 years now, I know it quite well but the network card on it failed and required a motherboard replacement I replace the motherboard but to no avail, because I could not get it to work I still have the option of calling in a tech at $175 an hour but I have to ask myself the question is it worth the $1,500 motherboard and another thousand dollars for a technician to come in or should I go by an HP26500 printer that is going to run out of HP support in September but works fine for $1,000 can I work on it myself I have to ask you? Will I be able to change the lines if they go bad fix this or fix that as I did with my Roland the Roland finally got the better of me but up until now I've been able to do all the work myself/ I can do the work myself like changing a printhead that cost me 500 and soldering a resistor on a headboard. But on the HP I don't know you tell me! looking for some comments or some advice? right now I'm out of business because I don't have a printer I don't have a whole lot of work but it's costing me to send the work I do get out, and it cost me at least enough to buy a used HP printer even if I paid 2000 $2,500 for it so give me your opinion tell me your advice I'm not in the position to go buy new or to go buy anything more expensive than that right now I've had an extremely rough winter and business has been terrible lately I do a lot of install work but I had one customer that fed me a lot of work that changed their business model and is no longer giving me the work that they used to. What do you think should I get the HP at least I can print the work that they gave me and they don't have to pay somebody else to do it probably pay for itself in the first two or three jobs.

wes70

Sorry to hear of your situation and I don't mean to sound harsh but I think you really need to sit down and reevaluate your business model. There seems to be some conflicting or contradictions in what you posted. For instance you say that you can't make any money subbing out work but yet you can purchase a used printer and have it paid off with 2 or 3 jobs? I would recommend subbing out prints until things turn around and you are making enough profit to purchase a printer to fit your business.

lookinc

Sorry to hear of your situation and I don't mean to sound harsh but I think you really need to sit down and reevaluate your business model. There seems to be some conflicting or contradictions in what you posted. For instance, you say that you can't make any money subbing out work but yet you can purchase a used printer and have it paid off with 2 or 3 jobs? I would recommend subbing out prints until things turn around and you are making enough profit to purchase a printer to fit your business.
Yes, I agree but have subbed out 2500 worth of work in the last month I pay a local printer to print for me and am paying them 1.00 a sq ft now. I supply the material. So do I get the old HP printer ( do you think I could service the HP myself when they stop support)to fill the gap and stop paying them until I can get an upgrade?

woolly

see a faulty xc on here they want to sell make a good one out the two better the devil you know in my opinion. a fully working xc is a fabulous bit of kit.

Last edited:

PrintEquipmentDeals

Printing Equipment for Less!!!
the HP L26500 and L360's are very easy to self service and maintain if it ever comes down to it and you needed to or wanted.

CanuckSigns

Have you looked into somewhere like signs365? they run huge volumes and cane print, laminate & cut for pretty much your cost in materials, and they have very fast turnarounds

Dave Ahouse

In my opinion, fixing the Roland XC-540, while a great printer it has seen better days, would be throwing good money after bad. Getting terminal technology in the L26500 is illogical when you will get 6 to 12 months out of it. Time to get a new machine. I would recommend the Epson SureColor S40 which has gotten rave reviews on Signs101 and since Epson has removed its price protection for the month of March, you can get an awesome 64" printer with take up and rip and ink for under $10k. Finance it for 36 months to help your cash flow.

Well, I don't know about you but this has been a rough year for me. I have an xc-540 that I've been using for about 6 years now, I know it quite well but the network card on it failed and required a motherboard replacement I replace the motherboard but to no avail, because I could not get it to work I still have the option of calling in a tech at $175 an hour but I have to ask myself the question is it worth the $1,500 motherboard and another thousand dollars for a technician to come in or should I go by an HP26500 printer that is going to run out of HP support in September but works fine for $1,000 can I work on it myself I have to ask you? Will I be able to change the lines if they go bad fix this or fix that as I did with my Roland the Roland finally got the better of me but up until now I've been able to do all the work myself/ I can do the work myself like changing a printhead that cost me 500 and soldering a resistor on a headboard. But on the HP I don't know you tell me! looking for some comments or some advice? right now I'm out of business because I don't have a printer I don't have a whole lot of work but it's costing me to send the work I do get out, and it cost me at least enough to buy a used HP printer even if I paid 2000 $2,500 for it so give me your opinion tell me your advice I'm not in the position to go buy new or to go buy anything more expensive than that right now I've had an extremely rough winter and business has been terrible lately I do a lot of install work but I had one customer that fed me a lot of work that changed their business model and is no longer giving me the work that they used to. What do you think should I get the HP at least I can print the work that they gave me and they don't have to pay somebody else to do it probably pay for itself in the first two or three jobs.

********************************************************************************************************************************************
Hi We fully understand your situation. My best recommendation, if you need to stay at the low budget, is that you buy a refurbished L26500 from us with a 2 year national warranty for only $3499.00. That will get you started right away. We have a great financing program as well with very low monthly payments. We also have a great trade in policy- that will allow you to stay at the lowest possible cost with the latest in technology. You can trade that L26500 in on a 360 when you're ready and well be here for you. We also have many other great L26500 packages at lower prices if you like. Plus hundreds of other solutions on our website. thx Wideimagesolutions.com

lookinc

Have you looked into somewhere like signs365? they run huge volumes and cane print, laminate & cut for pretty much your cost in materials, and they have very fast turnarounds
Yes, I use them when needed. but I am getting stuff printed for less right now 1.00 a sq 1.59 laminated I supply the material

lookinc

In my opinion, fixing the Roland XC-540, while a great printer it has seen better days, would be throwing good money after bad. Getting terminal technology in the L26500 is illogical when you will get 6 to 12 months out of it. Time to get a new machine. I would recommend the Epson SureColor S40 which has gotten rave reviews on Signs101 and since Epson has removed its price protection for the month of March, you can get an awesome 64" printer with take up and rip and ink for under $10k. Finance it for 36 months to help your cash flow.
Credit is toast at the moment, cant take on a payment anyway

CanuckSigns

At the prices you are paying, I wouldn't be rushing into buying a printer, save yourself the headache of printer maintenance (especially with an older machine) and keep outsourcing. Unless deadlines or quality are a concern.