• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Older Versacamm

STICKERNERD

just purchased a used 3.5 yr old sp-540v, my question is why there is no system info when looking in the menu on the printer, i'm trying to set my ip.

thanks

anothersign

Ip is set at the factory...use nettool to find the ip on the network...you can change it with nettool also....nettool is on the versaworks disk in a floder called tool i believe

anothersign

Dont change it...leave it as is now in net tools you can see what the ip is just put that in to versaworks and click verify

timkaz227

Do you have versaworks? Goto Printer settings in versa works it will tell you the IP address. Look at the IP address of your computer. It should be very similar to that(192.168.1.xxx). The last 3 digits can be from 1 to 250(i think?, maybe 500). It just can't be the same as any other device(computer, printer, etc..) on you network.

DCaptDan

You can't set a random IP. It must coincide with your computer IP. The first 3 sets of digits should be the same on all your networked equipment and the 4th set unique to each item on the network. Since that printer is new to you, you should reset the network card before assigning an IP. If you don't want to reset the card, you need to use IP wizzard in Net Tool to change the IP on the printer. I will take care of all this for you Thurs. when I get there.
Dan.

Last edited: