• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Oldest vehicle you have wrapped.

showcase 66

I just met with a guy who collects Model T's. I have done his trailer to look like you were looking in the trailer at the back of one of his model t's before. He just bought another one and wanted to know what it would cost to wrap it. I wasnt ready for that one. It would be pretty easy to wrap but I am not sure if I would want to. It would take away from the nostalgia of the vehicle.

Has anyone wrapped a "Tin Lizzy" (that is what they called them back in the day).
Or what is the oldest vehicle you have done. As soon as I get a chance I will upload what the T looks like.

petesign

I own the ugliest truck you have ever seen, it's a yellow 1974 F-250 supercab with a bunch of dents all over it. I have been considering using it as a promotional item by wrapping it with my logo and "we'll wrap ANYTHING" and parking it out by the road. :D

SlightlyChilled

I own the ugliest truck you have ever seen, it's a yellow 1974 F-250 supercab with a bunch of dents all over it. I have been considering using it as a promotional item by wrapping it with my logo and "we'll wrap ANYTHING" and parking it out by the road. :D

I love it

showcase 66

I just took a pic of it. I got to drive it too. It was pretty cool to drive a 90 year old car.

Attachments

• t roadster.jpg
    t roadster.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 112

Edserv

The oldest wrap we've done is a "Volkswagen Thing" from the 60's or 70's (I'm not sure- I didn't handle this account.)
(I know our installer had to give it a lot of TLC.!)

Attachments

• a_Thing_Side.jpg
    a_Thing_Side.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 141
  • a_Thing_Side_2.jpg
    a_Thing_Side_2.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 126
Last edited by a moderator:

stoneandtle

If you wrap a really old vehicle, do you concern yourself with the condition of the paint - specifically I was wondering about how long to expect the vinyl to stick to the vehicle versus "lifting" the paint over time and the vinyl coming off in places (like air bubbles)?

showcase 66

If you wrap a really old vehicle, do you concern yourself with the condition of the paint - specifically I was wondering about how long to expect the vinyl to stick to the vehicle versus "lifting" the paint over time and the vinyl coming off in places (like air bubbles)?

I was wondering the same thing.

In this case I found out the Model T that he wants wrapped is not the one in the pic. It looks identically like it but it was a kit car and was only built about 18 years ago. I was under the impression it was the one we looked at and I got to drive. The one that is he wants done has a fiberglass body.

Knowing it is not an original makes it an easier decision to wrap or not.

eye4color

I'm going to wrap this one day for my shop! Just can never get a design that justifies that beautiful sheet metal. My idea of wrapping it like a WWII bomber w/pinup art was scarfed up by a competitor.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 131

showcase 66

I'm going to wrap this one day for my shop! Just can never get a design that justifies that beautiful sheet metal. My idea of wrapping it like a WWII bomber w/pinup art was scarfed up by a competitor.

That sucks somebody else snagged that idea. Maybe you should make it like an old gangster car. Have a guy hanging out the window with a tommy gun. On the back make it look like one side of the door is open with someone tied up inside.

I bet you will get noticed.

Patrick46

CSDD...I can't imagine why he'd want it wrapped...unless it's a drag car or sumthing. (glad to hear that it's not the 'true' old Model 'T')

Edserv...your 'Thing' turned out great!! Fun use for a groovy little car. Awesome job!!

and to Eye4color...

if you dare wrap that old panel truck...I'll personally drive down there and violate your vinyl in the middle of the night!!!!

This is a 'Classic' Truck. You only put 'Classic' work on it. (if not...why did you buy it???)

anything else would be SACRELIG!!!!!!! :frustrated:

(check my profile...)

showcase 66

CSDD...I can't imagine why he'd want it wrapped...unless it's a drag car or sumthing. (glad to hear that it's not the 'true' old Model 'T')

He just wants it to be different. In a way it would be cool to say i wrapped a Model T but then again. I am not so sure. If he really wants it done, I will probably do it since it is a kit car.

eye4color

Patrick46- I know. I just can't bare to cover up that metal. I am thinking hand lettered/fake patina door lettering. I bought the truck with the excuse to use it as a shop truck. I actually use it for deliveries but it is just too hot to use it in the summers here. She gets babied at home in the garage with my 59 GMC and 65 Cyclone.
I just bought my Grandfather's 1980s wagon so I thought I'd have a little fun with it. Just a rough comp for me to stare at for a week or so before I get on it... but I am actually too busy to think about it!~ (I haven't seen this kind of busy in 3 years)

Attachments

• 1986 wagon.jpg
    1986 wagon.jpg
    369.7 KB · Views: 120

TheSellOut

I got a call today from one of my clients who just bought one of the Mystery Machine vans, a 66' Chevy, from the Scooby Doo movie. He wants to have me come up with a wrap or partial wrap for the Syracuse Ski Team which his son is a member of!! I am stoked and can't wait to go down next week and check it out! I'll post some pics when I do.

That Hillman looks sweet Des