• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software Help Omega 1.56 Install media.

Attila Nagy

Could anyone share install files for 1.56 omega. I have lost my CD, and its not available on Gerber site anymore.

– Never mind, I have found it. Can I delete this post?

Last edited:

Attila Nagy

Yes, Thank you. And I could manage to make it run on Windows10 32bit PC. It was not easy.
All I need now is a native PCI bus parallel card for the Edge2. The new ones not supported. They are running under Multifunction Peripheral Controller.

Bert Wondervan

You can simply connect your GERBER Edge2 with a serial to usb cable to a PC with Windows 10, 8, 7, XP and use it optimally.

The cable costs about USD 10 to USD 15. Search Gooogle.

Your old software is not compatible with Windows 10, 8, 7.
You also need a different software. For more information please contact: timgo2010@hotmail.com

Attila Nagy

The New USB cable for Edge2 is actually £100 or more and it does not work with older than 4.0. The old cable is gone or hard to find. The ECP printer port works just fine on my i7 HP EliteBook 8560P Laptop with docking station. For the desktop I will find some old printer card somewhere with the ECP jumper on it for £0.01. They selling them awful expensive on eBay.

I am already running and printing with 2.61 and now 1.56 on Windows10 machines.

I have Flexi too which prints with any cable, network adapter or to network shared generic printer location, but it is not about me.
It is about my clients who prints with the same printer and software for 30 years and don't want to learn anything new. There are a lots of them.

Bert Wondervan

Really, I didn't know that.
I used to buy such a machine and with a serial to usb I connected it to a pc with windows 7 and the new software. the old software can't even install in windows 7. The old software was sold and the total cost was about USD 200.

Attila Nagy

For Edge1 you could use some 3rd party USB to Printer cable, but for Edge2 only one option. It is limited by Omega Software. This is how Spandex could sell 2$ cable for 150$ . The EnVision plotter works with most of the USB 2 serial cables. After Omega 4.0 they dedicated an other USB to Printer adapter for Edge2. The old one still could be used. They not selling the old one anymore, and hard to find one.