Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Omega 2.0 to AutoCad

Discussion in 'Gerber Omega, Graphix Advantage & MacImprint' started by rba828, Jun 16, 2005.

1. rba828

rba828 New Member

Jan 10, 2005
    I do not have any version of AutoCad. One of my clients needs me to email a logo to him in AutoCad format (.dxf). I keep trying and it keeps showing up as a (.win) file. What gives? Is there a trick I don't know about? Thanks!

Tags:
  2. Leondo

Leondo Member

May 17, 2005
    its an email error, its happened to me before recieving customer files, tell them to zip it and it should work. :thumb:

3. dac_products

dac_products New Member

Jul 13, 2005
    We use AutoCad for all our templates and prototype displays. Occasionally we have to make Omega and AutoCad "work together". I've had the best luck transferring files by sending an .EPS to Adobe Illustrator, exporting as a .DXF and then e-mailing that.

As far as receiving, though, I've never had a problem IF they save the .dxf as an OLDER AutoCad file. Sometimes (I guess it all depends on the mood that day) the files work with AC 2000, sometimes it has to go back further. We haven't updated our AutoCad software as of yet, but we have had the same problem with files sent in by clients with the newer versions.