• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Omega 2.0

sgns4u

WE haven't worked much with our Omega and I have a question.
I am printing 2 colors onto Clear. White and Kelly Green. I need for it to print the white in the area that the Kelly Green goes and then print the Kelly Green on top of the white.....but when it prints it leaves the area where the Green goes empty. How do I make Omega do what I need?

Thanks!!

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
are you only using the white to print under the green? if so, delete the white object(s) and turn the primer on for the green fill...

if there is white it your design, then you need to make the green overprint the white...and for reference, you can't have clear fills if you're using overprints...everything has to be combined

sgns4u

I shown my husband the replies so far....Thanks!
Maybe I can explain a little better.
The decals are a circle design on clear. We need about 1/4" clear on the outer edge of the decal... Then a solid White circle....Then some Green text in the middle of the circle. The Green text would be so much more opaque if it had white behind it.

Thanks!!!

sgns4u

OKay...my husband says I'm still not explaining it correctly.....He needs for a small area inside of the White circle to stay clear....but then he wants the area that the Green text goes on to be backed in white.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Set a cut only path for the clear perimeter. Set the circle as print only with a spot white fill. Set the green text with spot green fill and then while the text is still selected, set it to overprint. Finally click the 1234 button to display the job setup with what materials will be used and in what order ... then correct as needed.

J Hill Designs

is the green text on both the white part and the clear part? if so, select text, copy to clipboard...then weld text to white part and have it all be white fill, combined...then "paste to back", send forward, overprint on fill

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
OKay...my husband says I'm still not explaining it correctly.....He needs for a small area inside of the White circle to stay clear....but then he wants the area that the Green text goes on to be backed in white.

• Select the small area to be left clear and fill it with white.
  • While still selected, also select the white circle and click the combine button.
  • Insure that the green is set to overprint.

sgns4u

Thanks...I have printed these replies so he can go step by step....I'll let you know if he gets them done. Thanks again!!!!!