• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Omega 2.1-Plotting Issue

slangsc

This is something new that has come up. About 25% of the times I try to plot a file, nothing plots and nothing appears in the GSPQUEUE window. When I look at the QUEUE folder, the files there are, for example, GP440700.PRM AND PG440700.TMP, instead of GP440700.GSP. If I simply rename the file extension to .GSP the job will cut. The GSP.NET file is there. This only seems to happen when plotting over the network, and not from the computer where the plotter is physically attached. And it doesn't matter which of the 2 plotters we use or which of 4 workstations, it happens in both QUEUE folders. I'm stumped on this one. Any ideas?

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Same thing happens to me w/2.1, but not as frequently as you are experiencing it. However, it never happens when sending the job to the Gerber plotter - just when I elect to use my Roland. I always have to go so far as to shut the Roland off, delete the job in Queue Mgr, turn off the plot program, and re-start everything. I too am interested in a solution, since what I've just described is a real PITA.

Tony Teveris

What's failing is a "rename" the *.tmp file to *.GSP.

Are you running a virus watcher program on this machine, if so attempt to exempt the \queue folder from the checking.

This is my first guess and we have seen this before with virus checking programs.

slangsc

I do have Bit Defender running on all my computers. I will exclude the \QUEUE directory and all .GSP files from the scan and see what happens.

slangsc

It's been a couple days since I made the changes in my antivirus program and I have no plotting issues to report. Seems like that took care of it. Thanks for the help!