• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Omega 2.5 USB vs. Just Parallel Speed???

PurplePanther

I was just wondering what the USB connection gains vs. the parallel connection. We just upgraded to 2.5 and were installing new connections. Is the USB run a lot faster and/or are their other advantages. We are running Windows XP Pro on all of our computers.

We have an Edge LE and an Edge 2. Does the USB work for both printers? And finally how hard is the USB to set up. Any key things??

We are setting up tomorrow morning. So any suggestions tonight would be greatly appreciated.

I GUESS WHAT I AM SAYING IS THE USB CONNECTION WORTH THE HASSLE??????????

Service Sign Co

It doesen't speed up the process any. It's a USB to centronics cable,works on both units. If you buy one from a computer store it may not work. If you get one from Gerber,it will cost around 160.00 with the driver disk and instructions included. I keep one of each handy in case of emergencys