• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Omega 2.51 vs Design Station

ndemond

I set up my design station on my home computer yesterday and all went well. But the design station has more features than the copy I have at work. I was led to believe it would be just that a station, yet it asked me for plotter and printer info. At work I only plot, no printer so all the bells and whistles for printing are not functional. The copy I loaded yesterday (Design Station) has all the options functional. Which are great.

Is it possible to swap those copies. Or maybe the first copy (Gerber tech) installed was not fully installed or maybe the wrong one.

This was an upgrade on the work computer. Brand new on the home computer. Hope this make sense and I appreciate any feedback. If I do not reply to this today, it is because daughter getting knee surgery. Hence the need for a station at home the next week or so.

Beavis

i have a suspicion that since you don't have a printer that he didn't install the printer aspect of it which i think you are liking. i will have to do some looking around at work but i think its just the spot color pallet your missing.

Tony Teveris

Omega comes in a number of "styles". Omega CS is the lowest with NO printing support (Edge, Edge II or Edge FX), basically a cut only version. Omega CP is the "everything" version.

Omega Layout or Design is a CP version without the Plot / Cut options.

My guess is that your work version is CS. Thats my guess.

ndemond

Omega comes in a number of "styles". Omega CS is the lowest with NO printing support (Edge, Edge II or Edge FX), basically a cut only version. Omega CP is the "everything" version.

Omega Layout or Design is a CP version without the Plot / Cut options.

My guess is that your work version is CS. Thats my guess.

Tony, can I swap those two programs. Put the CP version on the work computer and vice versa. It seems to me I like the layers in the CP version better. Uninstall at work, switch dongles and reinstall the CP version or is that going to mess up my plotter at work.?

The version of CP at home gave me the options of choosing a plotter. Which I didn't. Thanks.