• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Omega 2.6 - GQMgr vs Windowx xp sp3 battle

Todds

Hi,

Since our first windows xp machine 6 years ago, I have not been able to communicate with a xp machine and our sabre 408. I have 4 plotters attached and networked to 8 machines, no problems. When I try to connect our 408 to one of those machines, NO COMMUNICATIONS!

I've tried everything! com settings, bios and software, firewall settings, etc. Nothing. Any insight? I know the cable works. I have a OLD win98 box sitting in the corner that is used solely for the sabre 408. I would love to get rid of that and use one of our existing xp machines.

HELP!!!

Tony Teveris

What kind of computers?

I remember a long time ago there were serial problems with Dell computers and the serial i/o chips they were using. The signal strength was marginal at best. I will ask some one in engineering on Monday.

Todds

What kind of computers?

I remember a long time ago there were serial problems with Dell computers and the serial i/o chips they were using. The signal strength was marginal at best. I will ask some one in engineering on Monday.

We are a dell shop. All precision workstations - oldest is just over 2 years. They connect and communicate with 3 gerber plotters w/o issue. The old win98 box is a dell dimension; currently powering the sabre 408.

I've also tried an IBM box running xp. No go.