Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Omega 2.6 - GQMgr vs Windowx xp sp3 battle

Discussion in 'Gerber Omega, Graphix Advantage & MacImprint' started by Todds, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Todds

Todds New Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Hi,

Since our first windows xp machine 6 years ago, I have not been able to communicate with a xp machine and our sabre 408. I have 4 plotters attached and networked to 8 machines, no problems. When I try to connect our 408 to one of those machines, NO COMMUNICATIONS!

I've tried everything! com settings, bios and software, firewall settings, etc. Nothing. Any insight? I know the cable works. I have a OLD win98 box sitting in the corner that is used solely for the sabre 408. I would love to get rid of that and use one of our existing xp machines.

HELP!!!

Tags:
  2. Tony Teveris

Tony Teveris Active Member

What kind of computers?

I remember a long time ago there were serial problems with Dell computers and the serial i/o chips they were using. The signal strength was marginal at best. I will ask some one in engineering on Monday.

3. Todds

Todds New Member

Jan 22, 2009
    We are a dell shop. All precision workstations - oldest is just over 2 years. They connect and communicate with 3 gerber plotters w/o issue. The old win98 box is a dell dimension; currently powering the sabre 408.

I've also tried an IBM box running xp. No go.