• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Omega 2.6 users (question)

threeputt

Do files saved in Omega 2.6 open and cut/print ok with earlier versions of Omega such as 2.1.

We're contemplating purchasing only one upgrade to 2.6. But the files then created need to be cuttable and printable from a design station that only has 2.1 loaded.

Anyone know for sure?

threeputt

You can save the files as an older version and then open.

Ok, but are you saying that files thus created MUST be saved down to 2.1? That 2.6 files cannot be opened by 2.1? (unless saved down)?

Island, couldn't be sure with your "yep", if you were agreeing to earlier posts regarding the better features, or if you were saying the files could be opened (cut and printed) from 2.6 using 2.1.

Clarify?

James Chrimes

If you do not save the file as an older version then you wont be able to open it on the old software. If you are designing on one computer and using the other for overflow jobs keep a usb memory stick with you, open the job in 2.6 an save to usb port as a 1.5 version thus not altering the file on the main computer but being able to open it with the old.

threeputt

SignSol, that's a good idea. But since all computers in my shop are networked, what harm would there be in saving it as a 2.6. Then, if that particular file needs to be run on alternate equipment from our other design station, why not then and only then, save it down?

Or, once it's saved down to a lower version, can it then not be saved "up" back to 2.6 if one wanted that?

Kevin T

It's pretty simple really. Omega 2.6 can open all GA or Omega files. But earlier version can not open 2.6 files. That's the same as any of the major software pkg's, Adobe, Quark, etc...

Rather than messing around backwards and forwards the best thing to do is get all your software on the same version so you don't have to waste time when you need it. GSP always has some sort of upgrade special going check their website.

Good luck.