• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Omega 2.61 Jagged JPEG Exports

derwin

Hi All,

I've been trying to export proper JPEGs of jobs I've created in Omega but, despite the jobs being made entirely of vector graphics, JPEG exports, no matter what size I specify, come out jagged, like the previews in Omega do. Some customers complain about the sketch quality because of this. I would expect that the JPEGs would come out anti-aliased, but they don't.

Does anyone know if this can be adjusted? And if so, where is that option located?

Thanks.

Marlene

are you creating a job in Omega and then saving it as a .jpeg? what did you set the resoultion for the file at? default of your own setting? are the customer's looking at proofs? if so, set the res at 72, 150 or 300 depending on how nice you want it to look.

Tony Teveris

I would try downloading the FREE Bullzip PDF file generator. It installs to look like a normal printer driver and makes great PDF files.

Browner

I'm sometimes reluctant to send pdf files to clients - in that pdf "proof" = free vector artwork to send off to competitors.

In the "export" window that pops up in OMEGA, there's an options button... but I click on it, and it does nothing.

I find that exporting, and then scaling the image down seems to be the only way to do it, which is fine for larger pieces. For smaller items, I've found I actually have to scale the items up in composer (usually about to 12" wide), then export at 300dpi, then scale it down in photoshop or whatever to get rid of the "jaggies".

It would also be nice if the export function had an option to process the file as seen in "output view". It's pretty annoying having to go in and get rid of bleeds, overlaps, overprints, etc... so that the proof (or paper print) I send to the customer looks alright. In most cases though, I can just print screen... but then I still have to go into photoshop, resize, crop, etc...

I'm using Omega 2.61.

Last edited:

Billct2

The "jaggies" are what protect you from someone copying it without a lot of work. If it's a proof they don't need "good" art.

Browner

Bill, it becomes even more of an issue when you have small text incorporated into the design. Small text comes out looking great, but the customers logo looks "jagged". Try getting them to sign off on that. Attached is an example.

Attachments

• Eye on the Ice.JPG
    Eye on the Ice.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 90

Tony Teveris

With the later version of Omega I normally export as image but then select to embed the image in a PDF. This is NOT in Omega 2.5. I also agree with Bill.