Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Omega 6.5

Discussion in 'Gerber Omega, Graphix Advantage & MacImprint' started by Flojo, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Flojo

Flojo New Member

Mar 6, 2020
    Port Hueneme
    I'm very new to sign making we make the basic stuff stenciling for Air Craft. I was wondering how we can convert a pdf file into a file that will work with omega software. thanks

Tags:
  2. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    when you say PDF are you talking a raster object?

3. JulieS

JulieS Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Columbia, SC
    If it's a vector (made of lines) PDF, you should be able to import into Omega and cut stencils from it.
    Just open a blank "page" in Omega. Click File, Import. Find "PDF as vector" in the drop-down menu "Files of Type" and choose that. Then you have to hit OK a couple times, I think.
    When the image shows up on the screen, make sure you have it all selected, then click CTRL and 1 together, then click CTRL and 2 together. That process removes the "fill" from the images and makes the lines cuttable.

If it's a raster (made of pixels) PDF, that's a different story. You're going to have to somehow trace or re-draw the image to create lines that can be cut.

4. Attila Nagy

Attila Nagy Member

Sep 24, 2018
    London
    PDF can be opened directly. You need to select one of the option on Open dialog box. (Vinil only, for example)