• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Omega 6.5

Flojo

I'm very new to sign making we make the basic stuff stenciling for Air Craft. I was wondering how we can convert a pdf file into a file that will work with omega software. thanks

JulieS

If it's a vector (made of lines) PDF, you should be able to import into Omega and cut stencils from it.
Just open a blank "page" in Omega. Click File, Import. Find "PDF as vector" in the drop-down menu "Files of Type" and choose that. Then you have to hit OK a couple times, I think.
When the image shows up on the screen, make sure you have it all selected, then click CTRL and 1 together, then click CTRL and 2 together. That process removes the "fill" from the images and makes the lines cuttable.

If it's a raster (made of pixels) PDF, that's a different story. You're going to have to somehow trace or re-draw the image to create lines that can be cut.