Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Omega and Roland

Discussion in 'Gerber Omega, Graphix Advantage & MacImprint' started by Tollef, May 25, 2005.

1. Tollef

Tollef New Member

May 18, 2005
    Hi everyone, I have access to a copy of Omega 2.0 and was wondering if I could cut directly to a Roland CX 24 or do I need to use a program such as CoCut.

Thanks...

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Not sure why but most major brands are supported in Omega except Roland. You can drive Graphtecs and Summas ... even Zund flatbeds. It would have to be driven by selecting an appropriate generic HPGL plotter from Omega's available list.

3. Tollef

Tollef New Member

May 18, 2005
    Okay thanks Fred, I was flip flopping between the CX 24 and the Summa D60...I've read good things about both but it seems the D60 would be favoured on this board.

4. WVB

WVB Very Active Member

Feb 25, 2005
    CX-24 has been upgraded to the GX-24 which features faster cutting speeds and higher down force pressures.