Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Omega Bug Report

Discussion in 'Gerber Omega, Graphix Advantage & MacImprint' started by Fred Weiss, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Just came across and reported a bug in Omega 2.0.2

It is possible to set Y-Axis repeats for Edge prints that exceed the available image height. The system will print the job and the top of the image will simply not be there.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Jen Goodwin

Jen Goodwin Active Member

Dec 17, 2003
    Maine
    Strange...This just happened to me today and I have Omega 1.56 and the image was not larger than the 11.75" print limit.

3. Dale Horn

Dale Horn Member

Oct 30, 2003
    There goes the profit on that job...

Sometimes if the x gap and Y gap make the image bigger and cut off the graphic's edge. This sizing thing seems to be a limitation in SignLab Flexi and Omega. In omega the taking the weed border off (unchecking it ) and going to layout >border in gsplot and setting it to zero helps.

This is where the WYSIWYG feature in the new SignLab7 should help a person avoid this. Every new software is going to have some weak spots.

4. Bob Rochon

Bob Rochon Seasoned Sign Freak

Oct 11, 2003
    Millbury, MA
    I have done many repeats in 2.02 and havent run into that one yet at all, but I will keep an eye out for it.

The even bigger problem seems to be the shape between the 1&7 that wasn't set to clear LOL

DOH!:rolleyes: :biggrin:

5. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    That's because there's a bleed on the black and Omega doesn't combine shapes when it does a bleed even if they're already combined. It was everything I could do to get Tony T to see the wisdom of automatically welding bleed shapes that overlap when I was beta testing version 2. Maybe in version 2.5.

Anyway the cut line is there so it is correct when weeded.