• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Omega on a mac?

Is anyone running Omega on a mac using parallels or vmware fusion? Plan on just dual booting using Bootcamp and run both Operating systems... Anyone using that cable for USB to Parallel from Gerber? Does it work? It's time for me to get my own software and I'm sick of trying to print to my edge2 with Flexi, if I'm going to get new software I figure Omega is the obvious chioce to run my Gerber printer/cutter.

Bill Modzel

Being a 20 year Mac user I can't imagine anyone who uses a Macintosh actually wanting to run windows unless they absolutely have to.

There have been enough people like you, wanting to run their Edge, who would love to NOT mess with Windows. If you notice the title of this forum topic it mentions, MacImprint, which at one time was Gerber's software to actually run an Edge through an Illustrator plug in. I still run it daily and it's simple and effective in spite of it being dated and stuck in Illustrator 10.

Instead of asking how to run Omega you should all be writing Dana, dana.Goodale@gspinc.com, and asking GSP to update one of the cleanest pieces of software they ever produced. The Macs aren't going away as once prophesied, but they're gaining more and more converts daily.