• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Omega point problem

Dropout

Good evening All.

I am relatively new to Omega 2.0 and am having a problem that is driving me nuts.

I have 2 curved lines that I am engraving with a Sabre 408. One of the lines machines in a smooth path and the other has two points that the tool stops and restarts. I have looked over the points on both paths (there are many of them - too many to identify which exact ones are causing the problem) and cannot see any difference in any of them.

Am I missing something obvious?

Tony Teveris

Dropout - if you want you can send me the RTP file and a description of where the problem is occurring and I'll take a look at it. If the data has any sharp angles in it it will force the machine to stop for a short period. I will look at the data with detail edit in Composer. I do not have a router handy but can usually find something causing the problem.

Dropout

Dropout - if you want you can send me the RTP file and a description of where the problem is occurring and I'll take a look at it. If the data has any sharp angles in it it will force the machine to stop for a short period. I will look at the data with detail edit in Composer. I do not have a router handy but can usually find something causing the problem.

Thanks Tony

I'll send it thius evening.

Dropout

thmooch

Make sure the points are connected & not open. If they are open hit H on your key board & drag the points together. This will give you a closed shape. This may or may not be your problem.

Dropout

Make sure the points are connected & not open. If they are open hit H on your key board & drag the points together. This will give you a closed shape. This may or may not be your problem.

Thanks for the idea.

I've looked at this very closely and I don't think there are any open points. If I use the pointer and highlight the path, the entire path is highlighted which I don't think would happen if there were any open points.

That being said, there are so many points on this curve that it's hard to see exactly what it happening.

Dropout

Bob Gilliland

An easy way to identify any Open Shapes is by selecting them. From within Composer, Select>Open Shapes. If that option is not available (grayed out), then there are no
Open Shapes in the current document.

If you have Open Shapes (non connected line segments) and depending on your Options settings, you may be able to Join these open points by using the Join Open Shapes command. This is accomplished by selecting the Open Shapes and press the hot key combination of [Shift]+[J].

Join Selected Segments, [J], and Join Open Points, [SHIFT]+[X], may be other viable options in allowing the software to do some of the heavy lifting. Consult the Help file, [F1], for some additional insight and guidance.

You may also be interested in the Thin (Tools>Thin) command and/or Smooth Path, [M], in an effort to reduce the amount of nodes. This can also, at times, help control points from overlapping themselves which ARTPath frequently doesn’t enjoy experiencing and working with.

Dropout

Tony was kind enough to look at the file for me and fixed the problem. The Thin function works well.

Thanks!

Tony Teveris

The shapes were generated by AutoCad I'm sure and they were open shapes and all line vectors, no beziers. Lots of points, so all I did was select the 2 objects, detail edit and thin. I think what was going on was because there were a lot of points the firmware in the router was taking a lot of time to build the contour to run, maybe not to long but long enough to drive Dropout crazy.