Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Omega QR Codes

Discussion in 'Gerber Omega, Graphix Advantage & MacImprint' started by afinn35, Dec 26, 2019.

1. afinn35

afinn35 New Member

May 8, 2012
    Southwest VA
    I do QR codes in Omega for a client. When scanned it displays a long set of characters and a sequential serial number. It works great however I have a request to include 3 characters that are not on the keyboard. They are included in Glyphs for some fonts. Anyone out there able to help? I would be very grateful for any and all help. Thanks and Happy New Year!

Tags:
  2. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    I would check online for bar code generator apps, and see if they can make what you need. Then work around - zoom in - vectorize what you need. Thats the only thing I can think of if Omega doesnt have the symbol.

• Like Like x 1
  3. netsol

netsol Very Active Member

Apr 26, 2016
    englishtown, nj
    iam not sure i catch your drift about the missing characters
    there are all sorts of bar code generators & different keyboard layouts & character maps you can use. you want a 2g barcode generator

https://barcode.tec-it.com/en

if you have these characters, can't you simply cut and paste them?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Might it be an ASCII code? Look up ASCII code table on Google and maybe the symbols you need are on there. Then you just hold the ALT key and type the number of the symbol you want. ☺☻♥♦♣♠•◘○ etc.

• Like Like x 1