• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Omega snap

Dropout

Good afternoon All.

I'm an Omega rookie (lots of experience with ArtPath though).

I have a couple of questions:

1. Does Omega have a snap to point or snap to node?

2. What is the easiest way to draw an arc when all I know is the length and the height?

Omega 4.0, Vista

Thanks in advance.

Malkin

The only snap options that I know of are "snap to guidelines" and "on axis" under the layout menu.

My method to make an arc based on size, would be to draw a box of the desired size. Then draw a circle (hold down ctrl to keep it a circle, not an ellipse) and adjust size until it hits the top edge and corners. Then add points on the circle where it hits the corners (as I have done here) select the unwanted points (using the detail select menu) and delete, leaving just the arced line.

Attachments

• Omega Screenshot.jpg
    Omega Screenshot.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 107

Tony Teveris

Ok, I found it @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arc_(geometry)#Arc_Radius

R = (W*W)/(8*H) + (H/2);

If the Width (Length) were 68" and the Height were 8"

In your case 76.25 = (68*68) / (8*8) + (8/2)

76.25 = 4624 / 64 + 4

That’s the radius, double that to get the circle diameter, size a circle with that diameter, move to (0,0) draw a line from (0,8) to (max x,8), find intersects, detail edit what you want.

I think this is what you want.

T