• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

OmegaBond Brushed Gold / Silver Question?

ZsVinylInc

Hey everyone I have a quick question. I am making a sign with 3mm OmegaBond Brushed gold side and was wondering what you would normally us to prep the substrate? Normally we us a 50/50 iso to distilled water mix. Anyone out there who has actually used this substrate and if so what did you use to prep it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as this is about twice the price of normal omegbond and I don't want to mess it up.

Happy Holidays
Big Z

XGSSDT

I have a small brochure on the product and the recommend alcohol for preping because it is best in removing any body oils. Are you painting or just Vinyl letters? If paint you need to scuff lightly with 400grt sand paper first. That is all it says to due hope that helped. If you have a smaller size than 4x8 use a peice of scrap to test.

ZsVinylInc

I have a small brochure on the product and the recommend alcohol for preping because it is best in removing any body oils. Are you painting or just Vinyl letters? If paint you need to scuff lightly with 400grt sand paper first. That is all it says to due hope that helped. If you have a smaller size than 4x8 use a peice of scrap to test.

Thanks for the info I appreciate it. I am not painting only putting vinyl lettering on it. Unfortunately this is the first time I am using this material and I need the entire sheet for a one piece sign so I do not have any small cut offs to test on. If anyone else knows anything or wants to add info to this it would be greatly appreciated.

Ken

If time is not an issue...go ahead and apply some vinyl.
Yes, you need to remove any oils, wax, etc.
Rapid tac has a product called Rapid-PREP for this purpose.\Cheers!
kEN

ZsVinylInc

Thanks Ken for the info...late last night I found a link / page of info on the Laminator's website that said to prep with 99% isopropyl alcohol so if I clean with 50/50 and it damages it then I guess come Monday I will be on the phone...Thanks again everyone and Happy Holidays!

Big Z